Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Graduate Logistics Assistant - Field Recruitment at Action Against Hunger, 4th July, 2019
Graduate Logistics Assistant - Field Recruitment at Action Against Hunger, 4th July, 2019
Jul 4, 2019, 11:55 PM
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Logistics Assistant - Field Location: Bade, Yobe Job Type: Full Time Starting date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Base Logistics Officer Objective 1
- Fleet Management
- Assist in making drivers schedule
- Draw up the weekly fleet planning
- Manage the lead driver (if existing) and supervise drivers
- Monitor the service requirement of fleet
- Help in arranging the transportation of goods from field base to other bases
- Supervision of the Guards and daily workers
- Review the security observation/ log book and communicate any issues to the Log officer
- Prepare and submit documentation pertaining to casual and daily worker requests according to AAH standards and ensure that all documents are validated and approved before commencement of tasks
- Communicate AAH’s expectations to the guards and follow up their work
- Ensure that SOP is followed by the guards
- Communicate any challenges faced in security issues
- Review the performance of guards assigned to AAH and relay the findings to the logistics officer.
- Oversee stock and premises management
- Directly manage and ensure the correct management of stocks in accordance with AAH procedure and best practice
- Report any under-utilized or old stock to the Logs Officer
- Review the SFU and submit to Logistics Officer on a regular basis
- Ensure premises and facilities are in good order, and manage the replacement of damaged items bulbs, switches, plugs, furniture, taps etc
- Ensure generator running hours are clearly recorded
- Follow up maintenance of all generators as necessary
- Make sure that the office generator is fuelled, regularly serviced and any fault is reported to the Log officer
- Supervise the renovation and maintenance of structures needed for the functioning of the base (programmes, offices, house, warehouse);
- Manage storage when there is no storekeeper. These include:
- Store Management
- Monitoring of Stock utilization
- Management of the storage conditions
- Management of the shipments and Cargo
- General Logistics Support.
- Maintain Logistics Petty Cash for sub bases as per procedures.
- Assist in monitoring the application of logistic procedures on sub base.
- Participation in defining and improving logistical procedures.
- Assist in the preparation of external audits.
- Provide technical support to the team as necessary
- Follow-up with with the Finance and HR department including close collaboration with program teams.
- Fleet Officers, Ware House Officer, Roving Base Log, Field Manager.
- Interact with suppliers, and casual service providers
- Bsc/HND in Business Management, Logistics, Procurement, Supply Chain or any other equivalent course.
- At least 1 year proven experience in logistics operations
- Some experience in Stock control.
- Knowledge of computer packages MS office, email and internet use
- Good communication skills in both written and oral English and excellent in Hausa and Kanuri language
- Previous experience working with NGO or UN agencies
- Proven knowledge and experience of logistics core competencies
- Sound knowledge of AAH logistics procedures and kitlog
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts