Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger
Grants and Compliance Manager at Action Against Hunger
Aug 10, 2020, 10:04 PM
Action Against Hunger is the world’s hunger specialist and leader in a global movement that aims to end life-threatening hunger for good within our lifetimes. For 40 years, the humanitarian and development organization has been on the front lines, treating and preventing hunger across nearly 50 countries. It served more than 21 million people in 2018 alone.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Grants and Compliance Manager Location: Damaturu, Yobe Job type: Full-type Start date: As Soon As Possible Direct Line Manager: Area Coordinator
Company Overview Action Against Hunger | ACF-International works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. Objective 1
- Coordinate and Supervise the production and submission of quality and timely donor reports
- Ensure high quality and timely grant reporting from technical support staff and programme managers for submission to the HOD Grants and Compliance; undertake a qualitative review, grammatical edit and ensure compliance to guidelines and donors’ requirements, use of proper templates
- Ensure that internal timelines and external deadlines are met; maintain the reporting tracker developed by HOD, follow up on inputs from project teams and technical staff and update archive on NHF and in the base.
- In collaboration with the Coordination Team (Program, WASH, FSL, Nutrition and Health, Log, Finance, MEAL coordinators), address any further follow-up question/s, comment, etc., to ensure compliant and quick submission of additional and/or revised information required.
- Coordinate responses to any donor feedback and ensure timely submission of requested feedback.
- Identification, coordination, preparation, writing, and submission of quality and timely concept notes and full proposals, following Action Against Hunger’s validation processes and taking into account the donor guidelines
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team Formulate concept notes and proposals; develop context, compile and edit narrative components, ensure budget templates are shared, monitoring and compose other documents as necessary;
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and in close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will analyze and capitalize assessments (Rapid Needs Assessment), baselines, and field observations for needs identification.
- Under the supervision of the HOD Grants and close collaboration with area co and technical/program team, he/she will identify interventions to be presented to international/local donors when necessary.
- Assist with research on funding opportunities, and potential donors, partners, and their strategies;
- To support internal coordination and communication within the Action Against Hunger Nigeria mission
- Develop internal knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and reporting mechanisms; communication, advocacy, and cross-cutting policies, internal reporting APRs, situation reports, project updates, beneficiary count and technical evaluations report.
- Ensure compliance with donor visibility requirements, edit and draft human interest stories, success stories and photographs for donor reports and presentations.
- Assist the HOD Grants and Compliance and area coordinator in the development of grant portfolio summaries, project, and donor brief/updates;
- Assist to identify potential opportunities for partnerships with local and international organizations and participating in the development of agreements and vetting processes.
- Ensure comprehensive grant files are maintained up to date and are available for use in both hard and soft copy (proposals, contracts, amendments, reports, etc.).
- Facilitate the dissemination of knowledge management products, publications, factsheets;
- Provide Strategic, Technical, and Coordinated support to Grants Management
- Facilitate kick-off, review and closing meetings to ensure project objectives are being met and identify and challenges, delays or deviations from the project plan; and communicate with donors, support on any internal or external realignments as appropriate.
- Follow up with Program Managers and Technical Coordinators on Program Implementation and collection of data according to means of verification, from the kick-off meeting to contract closure, to allow pro-activeness in the monitoring of the grant and related tasks (such as ad-hoc donor requirements or extension/amendment requests).
- Build the capacity of field staff to write and incorporate feedback on donor reports;
- Identify and communicate to program/technical, field and M&E staff gaps in reporting/data collection.
- Maintain an in-depth knowledge of Action Against Hunger internal policies and proposal guidelines for donor organizations funding Nigeria programs/projects among project managers, technical as well as operational support staff
- Under the supervision of the HOD, Grants develop grant revisions, cost extensions, budget realignments and modifications
- Facilitate training and capacity building for field teams, in particular, Program Managers and Field Coordinators on the Project Cycle Management Tools and internal reporting tools.
- Degree and/or Master’s Degree in Humanitarian Action or any related field (international relations, political science, law, etc.)
- At least 5 years’ experience in international development, humanitarian assistance, international relations or related sector.
- Fluency in English and an additional advantage if fluency in Hausa and Kanuri
- Excellent experience in proposal and report writing, donor rules and regulations, validation procedures, coordination of processes.
- At least 3 years as Grant Writer or similar (i.e. Project Officer)
- Knowledge of key institutional donors, including ECHO, USAID (FFP, OFDA), SDC, SIDA, GAC, OCHA, AECID.
- knowledge of Humanitarian principles, Sphere project minimum standard, gender, protection, and conflict sensitivity
- Experience in Project Cycle Management, theory of change and project implementation tools
- Strong commitment to Mission objective and general knowledge of programmatic areas (FSL, WASH, Nutrition and Social Protection)
- Ability to write donor reports and proposals in excellent English.
- Well organized, attentive to detail and ability to manage multiple tasks
- Detail-oriented, organized, and able to manage to compete for urgent requests and priorities;
- Proven ability to work independently under minimal guidance, pressure and tight deadlines;
- Problem solver with a work style that builds confidence in others
- Ability to work in a multicultural context and be a team player;
- Ready and willing to travel to remote locations, remain calm and under pressure and adapt to changing circumstances.
Minimum Gross Basic Salary
- NGN 424,310 per month
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Qualified women are strongly encouraged to applyApplication Deadline 18th August, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts