Head, Corporate Procurement at the OPEC Fund for International Development
The OPEC Fund for International Development is a multilateral development finance institution established in 1976. Our 12 Member Countries are: Algeria, Ecuador, Gabon, Indonesia, the Islamic Republic of Iran, Iraq, Kuwait, Libya, Nigeria, Saudi Arabia, the United Arab Emirates, and the Bolivarian Republic of Venezuela.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Corporate Procurement
- The incumbent oversees the smooth running of the procurement function, inclusive of procurement of goods, services and works required by the OPEC Fund.
- The incumbent will also be tasked with generating improvement measures of procurement tasks, in accordance with the departmental strategy and framework, in order to develop and deliver on the overall procurement strategies.
Duties and Responsibilities
Functional strategy formation and implementation:
- Manages the delivery of a major part of the organization's procurement strategy and participates in the development of the Administrative Services strategy.
- Manages and facilitates proper due diligence
- Ensures full compliance with the provisions of the Procurement Procedures.
- Manages short, medium, and long term procurement goals / objectives; and monitors the implementation of all actions related to the procurement of goods, works and services required by the OPEC Fund, including purchasing processes.
Policies and Procedures development:
- Creates and maintains best-practice based procurement processes (e.g. best value for money / strategic sourcing efforts).
- Plans and manages business process related to outsourcing activities (as necessary).
- Undertakes regular review of the Procurement Manual and Procedures while ensuring that Procurement Strategy is aligned with organizational objectives and Strategy.
- Identifies and realizes cost saving and cost reduction measures on procurement activities.
- Manages and facilitates the procurement of goods, works and services required by the OPEC Fund with all related activities.
- Prepares and develops budget planning and establishes effective budget management process.
- Keeps up to date with procurement trends and developments, and ensures knowledge is shared and transferred within the team.
Data collection and backup:
- Oversees a consistent filing system to ensure easy retrieval and storage of relevant procurement documentation.
- Performs other duties as required by the Director, Administrative Services Unit.
Stakeholder management and engagement:
- Maintains proactive communications with suppliers of goods, works and services to ensure continued service quality and product specifications.
- Manages skills and competency development of procurement staff, including training and knowledge management capabilities.
- Manages procurement staff in sourcing, contracting, transactional purchasing, supplier management, and miscellaneous internal procurement support activities.
Qualifications and Experience
- Advanced University Degree in Business Administration, Economics, Purchasing and Supplying or other Social Sciences. A professional (full or part) qualification, such as CIPS will be an added advantage.
- A minimum of 10 years of experience in procurement administration and management.
- Experience of at least 5 years supervising procurement activities in an international organization / large company
- Experience working with quantitative and qualitative research.
- Experience in new business development and innovative projects.
- Good knowledge of SAP – MM package.
- Fluent in English. Good working knowledge of either French, Arabic, German or Spanish is an added advantage.
- Strong analytical thinking skills.
- Ability to work in an international multi-cultural environment, with sensitivity and respect for diversity.
- Good interpersonal, organizational and time management skills.
- Conscientious and efficient in meeting commitments, observing deadlines and achieving results.
- Team player and demonstrate a leadership abilities.
- Self-starter with strong initiative, enthusiasm for business development.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply