Head, Credit & Risk Management at Mkobo Microfinance Bank Limited
Mkobo is licensed as a Microfinance Bank by the Central Bank of Nigeria (CBN). We started operations in August 2015. MKOBO is not your typical MFB, we do not have a banking hall nor do we accept cash deposit. All transactions are done electronically.
We are primarily focused on the promotion of inclusive financial services through the development of innovative financial services that leverages technology to eliminate the costs and complexities usually associated with traditional financial services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Credit & Risk Management
Location: Yaba, Lagos
Employment Type: Full-time
Purpose of the Position
- The primary purpose of this position centers on ensuring the Bank’s risks are properly monitored and managed.
- The individual will also be responsible for the development and implementation of systems, policies and procedures aimed at mitigating identified risks, including devising strategies or programs in order to find appropriate balance in all forms of credit and operational risks while also ensuring regulatory compliance.
- Planning, designing implementing & managing the overall risk management process for the bank by developing the risk management framework, policies, processes, procedures, and reporting standards that define the bank’s risk strategy and appetite in line with its overall business objectives
- Monitor the business development for emerging risks and recommend policies and procedures to improve the risk management process
- Developing methods to generate a robust system to identify, monitor, manage and control credit, market and operational risks.
- Facilitate the identification, assessment, measurement, monitoring, controlling, and reporting the level of risks
- Maintain oversight over the bank’s enterprise risk management activities
- Act as the champion of risk management for the Company and help improve the Management team's understanding of key risk identification, assessment, monitoring,reporting, and mitigation.
- Provide support, education and training to staff in order to create risk awareness
- Work with loan recovery team, in negotiating workout plans and strategies for delinquent customers and provide additional support with respect to exposures requiring collection agencies or legal action
- Monitor violations of credit policies, provide analysis, conclusion and recommendations, present findings to senior management and suggest actions/penalties to be taken when appropriate
- Prepare timely, comprehensive and reliable credit risk reports to senior management and board on a regular basis
- Monitor and manage the performance and development of direct reports.
- Develop appropriate Risk Management strategies/tools and disseminate appropriate risk management practices in line with developments in business products, change in clients, markets/industry, laws and regulations.
- Ensures proper documentation of credits by adhering to set documentation standards and procedures
- Define credit approval framework and recommend credit approval limits in line with banks’ policy
- Analysis and appraisal of Individual credit requests in accordance with approved policies and procedures to ensure that credit exposures are created subject to stipulated guidelines
- Conduct periodic stress tests and scenario analysis, assessing the impact on the Bank’s credit portfolio and make appropriate recommendations to senior management for appropriate action
- Review and analyze the delinquent portfolio to identify key causal factors, make recommendations and track them to ensure adequate and timely closure
- Carry out any other task as requested by Management.
- B.Sc in Accounts, Finance, Economics or related subjects
- Postgraduate degree and/or professional qualification added advantage
- Completion Microfinance Certification program (MCP)
- Minimum of five (5) years experience in a similar role at a MFB or Financial institution
- Awareness of emerging and innovative credit risk assessment specifically social scoring, alternative credit scoring, and big data analytics tools.
- Postgraduate degree an added advantage
- Minimum of 5 years experience in a similar role
- Credit Administration, credit analysis, and appraisal skills
- Experience developing policy and process documents
- Excellent presentation and communication skills
- Strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Innovative and strategic thinking
- Sound interpersonal and negotiation skills
- Good team player with excellent leadership traits
- Planning and organization skills
- High degree of professionalism, maturity and confidentiality
Must have Skills:
- Loan assessment
- Data analytics
- Process documentation
- Credit Administration
- Ability to mentor
Planning and Organization Skills:
- Strong analytical skills
- Problem-solving skills.
- Influencing and Negotiation skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st October, 2021.