Head of Project Monitoring (Project Management) at Family Homes Funds Limited (FHFL)
Family Homes Funds Limited (FHFL) is a limited liability company with the Federal Ministry of Finance and the Nigerian Sovereign Investment Authority as founding shareholders. FHFL will be the largest affordable housing focused fund manager in Sub- Sahara Africa, deploying capital in excess of N1trn towards two core objectives; Supporting access to affordable housing for at least 500,000 families on low to medium income through strategic partnerships with various players in the sector and some of the world’s main Development Finance Institutions and take advantage of the opportunity a large-scale house building programme offers to create jobs, which are sustainable and offer families security, improved quality of life and hope.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head of Project Monitoring (Project Management)
Job Code: 0006
Employment Type: Full Time
Primary Purposes of the Job
- Deliver a best-in-class project monitoring service aimed at ensuring that funded projects are implemented to agreed cost, time, and quality targets;
- Monitor and report on compliance with Loan or similar agreements and facilitate the effective restructuring of funded projects as necessary.
In that regard, the post holder will be responsible for:
- Monitoring of Projects from the first disbursement to completion including the defects liability period;
- Managing and ensuring effective performance of appointed Independent Project Managers
- Establishing and leading a high-performing team;
Specific Duties and Responsibilities
Project Management Leadership:
- Direct the activities of the Project Management Unit and determine how team resources should be allocated across projects.
- Organize and coordinate the internal Project team and IPMs for the flawless execution of projects.
- Coordinate with Senior Management to create processes and systems to ensure effective project management and implementation across the organization.
- Lead, guide, and influence stakeholders regarding Project Governance and good project practices.
Project Management Implementation and Compliance:
- Ensure that project implementation is responsive to target communities and partners and aligned with FHFL’s core values, strategic plan, and guiding principles.
- Define project management goals and deliverables that support business goals in collaboration with stakeholders.
- Provide quality assurance on the project’s outputs to ensure it is being executed as per the standard construction methods and procedures, and that it complies with FHFL standards and regulations.
- Response to escalated project Issues that may impede project delivery and coordinated solutions.
- Oversee all aspects of project end-to-end delivery with a focus on the project scope, budget, and time.
Project Monitoring and Reporting:
- Monitors and analyses project metrics to identify weaknesses or problems and propose operational improvements.
- Prepare reports and present them to senior management as needed.
- Provide technical advice for monitoring and controlling the actual expenses vs. the budget as well as the status of activities in conjunction with the project’s schedules and FHFL’s process.
- Manage changes in the project scope, schedule, and cost with the use of verification techniques.
- Organize regular Project Management Committee Meetings.
- Coach the project management team to effectively track progress vis a vis disbursement schedules.
- Provide technical support and guidance to cross-functional units. collaboration with stakeholders.
Key Result Areas
- Time and Cost Management.
- Effective stakeholder coordination.
- Quality Assurance.
- Project target delivery.
Skills and Competencies Required:
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills.
- Strong negotiation skills and decision-making skills.
- Project Management organizational awareness.
- High sense of responsibility, accountability, and dependability
- Excellent and proven planning, organizational, and coordination skills
- High sense of drive and resilience
- Ability to anticipate needs, think critically, and offer solutions to problems.
- Strong networking and presentation skills.
- Ability to operate under pressure and tight deadline.
- Strong written, verbal, and presentation skills.
- Ability to pay attention to details.
Minimum Qualification & Experience Requirements
Educational / Professional:
- Advanced University Degree (Master's Degree or equivalent) in Construction Management, Project Management, Architecture, Engineering, Quantity Surveying, or related fields is preferred.
- Relevant professional certification such as PMP, PRINCE II etc.
- Minimum of 11 years of proven success as a Project Manager within a corporate environment. At least 7 years of proven success directing a PMO.
- Substantial and proven industry experience.
- Willingness to travel frequently and work under field conditions.
- Expert application of PM techniques.
- Strong understanding of business Change management.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Application Letter summarizing their achievements together with their detailed CV saved saved with their name as PDF to: [email protected] using the Job Title and the code you are applying for as the subject of the mail. Eg. “Head of Project Monitoring (0006).
Note: Late applications will not be considered
Application Deadline 22nd August, 2022.