Head, Personal Banking at Sterling Bank Plc
Sterling Bank Plc "Your one-customer bank" is a full service national commercial bank in Nigeria. In over 50 years of operations, Sterling Bank (formerly NAL Bank) has evolved from the nation’s pre-eminent investment banking institution to a fully-fledged commercial bank; and completed a merger with 4 other banks - Indo-Nigeria Merchant Bank, Magnum Trust Bank, NBM Bank and Trust Bank of Africa - as part of the 2006 consolidation of the Nigerian banking industry.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Head, Personal Banking (Assistant Manager - Deputy Manager)
Job Type: Full-time
Specialization(s): Banking / Finance / Insurance
- To develop specific products/initiatives tailored to all individual segments in the Retail space that compete favorably in the marketplace whilst acquiring partnerships that will drive liability and scale up risk asset portfolio; and ensure minimal NPL is maintained and customer satisfaction is optimized.
- Research on ways/trends to enhance existing liability products. Propose new initiatives/offers that will enhance risk asset and liability generation.
- Identify and select customers for strategic partnerships; come up with new initiatives/propositions to enhance our products and offerings.
- Mitigate income loss through proper balance sheet review.
- Define performance goals for team members and monitor/evaluate achievement of such goals.
- Monitor performance of Specta loans.
- Provide business advisory services to customers.
- Engage branches to gain insights into business performance.
- Provide reports on performance of Specta products for MPR.
- Design various campaign strategies to proactively engage customers in order to contribute to the revenue drive of the bank.
- Drive reactivation of accounts through digital means and customer engagement.
- Ensure that all relevant policies and procedures are followed according to established guidelines, implement recommended improvements, and recommend changes when necessary.
- Onboard new communities on Specta Basic and merchants on PaywithSpecta.
- Manage relationships directly or indirectly through existing Relationship Managers (RMs); engage RMs and external customers on delinquent loans to reduce the Retail NPL.
- Conduct periodic market competitive analysis
- Ensure all issues/requests sent to the team on CRM are resolved within SLA.
Person Specification/Job Profile
- Highly numerate, comfortable analyzing complex financial data.
- Lead the planning, implementation, delivery, and continuous improvement of digital/tech solutions for the organization
- Good Leadership/Managerial Skill
- Expert in Critical, design thinking principles and methods
- Expert in analytical and business management skills
- Very good in Product Strategy, Development and Management
- Digital Customer Acquisition and Management
- Customer Industry Awareness
- Customer Lifecycle Management and Strategic Planning
- Very sound in Market Research and Business Intelligence
- Sales & Marketing and Brand Management
- Capable of executing initiatives in line with the strategic direction.
- Has a proven track record of successfully line managing and developing a team.
- Expert in selling complex, often customized products and services to significant customers.
- Manage a sales department to achieve sales targets over a significant area.
- Demonstrated track record of planning, managing and delivery of complex cross functional projects from conceptualization to launch
- At least 6-8 years of cognate experience in the banking industry
- Product Knowledge
- Customer Relationship Management
- Anti-money Laundering
- Service Level Management
- Documents/ Records Management
- IT appreciation
- Understanding of Extant Guidelines & Regulations
- Complaint Management
- Customer Identification
- Business Acumen
- Marketing & Sales
- Quality Assurance
- Communication Skills
- Interpersonal Relations
- Decision Quality & Problem Solving
- Time & Self-Management
- Attention to Detail (Excellence)
- Continuous Learning
- Drive for Results (Efficiency)
- Customer focus
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 8th October, 2021.