Health Care in Detention Field Officer at International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC)
Nov 26, 2020, 6:35 PM
The International Committee of the Red Cross (ICRC) is an impartial, neutral and independent organisation whose exclusively humanitarian mission is to protect the lives and dignity of victims of armed conflict and other situations of violence and to provide them with assistance.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Health Care in Detention Field Officer
Reference No.: ABJ202000164
- In collaboration with the HCD health team and the extended detention team (PROT; WatHab; ECOSEC) supports an integrated approach to support of prison services in Nigeria as per the established strategy.
- Under the direction of the HCD Program manager reviews, implement, monitors/evaluates HCD program, supports development of operational standards and protocols.
- Participates and contributes to HCD needs assessment for detainees under NCoS, Military or Police as required and supports proposal actions and interventions to improve conditions.
- Monitors outbreaks and in event of emergency in PoDs works with integrated team to facilitate and coordinate an appropriate health response
- Ensures confidential management of information, proper management of information collected with appropriate documentation
- Contributes to internal and external reporting including MoM, Field Trip Reports, assessment reports, QHTRs, MFR, internal reporting and external
- Maintains/updates/analysis’s relevant database including MAD-DET and Prot 6
- Maintains confidential individual medical files relating to detention as required
- Establishes/maintains a strong network with prison and health authorities (NCoS and MoH) and other actors involved in healthcare provision (e.g. Nigerian Centre for Disease Control).
- Participates as ICRC representative in the Detention Technical Working Group (HCDTWG and contributes to short/long-term planning.
- Organizes and facilitates relevant meetings with interlocutors and prepares MoMs
- Develops training programs for capacity building of health staff in prisons and organises training events.
- Prepares proposal and budget for training.
- Responsible for ordering and follow up with the logistics department in relation to items needed for health care in detention activities
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Curriculum vitae and contact details of three Referees to: ABJ_Recruitment_Services@icrc.org clearly indicating "ABJ202000164 Health Care in Detention Field Officer ABJ" as the subject of the email.
In the body of the mail, please indicate the following in the format as seen:
- Current location
- Languages you speak
- Years of relevant experience
Note: Applications intended for this role without this subject will not be treated
Application Deadline 10th December, 2020.