HR Assistant at Medecins Sans Frontieres
Medecins Sans Frontieres is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: HR Assistant
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Accountabilities / Responsibilities
- Under supervision of the Project HR Manager managing personal files in order to ensure accuracy, compliance and on time payments.
- Updating the HR database and personal files to facilitate HR processes management.
- Updating Social security Tax office files in order to meet legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance
- Preparing employment contracts in conformity with legal requirements including specific amendments when necessary in order to ensure local labour and fiscal law compliance.
- Preparing monthly pay slips for all staff, editing and updating the necessary data, in order to ensure the punctuality and accuracy of staff payroll.
- Don’t communicate to anyone foreign to MSF any information (especially about the processes, the data, the staff…).
- Don’t take away any documents (hard and soft copy) without a specific written authorization.
- Manage cash box and cash related activities in the absence of Finance assistant.
- In the absence of Finance Assistant, ensure monthly payment of all employee contributions in time specified by state / Country and Coordination. Eg.FIRS, BIRS and payee.
- In the absence of Finance Assistant, enter all finance information in SAGA
- Manage cleaners and cooks at office and base and report to Admin manager accordingly.
- Following up of all expiring rental contract dates and inform the Administration Manager in order to leave enough time to arrange a renewal or look for some other alternative
- Making all administrative information available to the staff (posting, meetings, etc.), supporting the Project HR Manager in translating documents into local language and assisting in meetings upon request.
- Additional HR / Admin tasks delegated by the Project HR ManagerDraw up the final pay slip and employment certificate at the end of a contract in order to meet legal requirements while defending MSF ’s interests.
- Make sure that a sufficient amount of printed forms are at any time available in the cupboard
- Report to her / his supervisor any issue.
- Inform to her / his supervisor on every movements during working hours.
- Respect the confidentiality of the information obtained as part of her/his work
- Desirable Finance, Business or Administration related diploma.
- Essential previous working experience of at least two years in relevant jobs.
- Experience in MSF or other international NGOs in developing countries.
- Fluency in English (Read, Speak and Write), Hausa (Speak) required.
- Essential computer literacy (Word, Excel, Internet).
- Results and Quality Orientation L2
- Team work and CooperationL2
- Commitment to MSF Principles L2
- Stress Management L3.
- Fix term contract (Maternity Replacement)
- 208 working hours per month.
Monthly Gross salary of 367,575.00 Naira only plus 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Notice / Important Information
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer anddoesn’t discrimination on the basis of Gender, Religion, Race
Application Deadline 5th April, 2021 by 5:00pm.