Inspection Officers at Jiji Cars (Formerly Cars45 Limited)
Jiji Cars is a part of Jiji, the leading online marketplace in Pan-African countries, with over 200 million users from offices in 10 countries. We work every day to make sure that people have a place for safe buying and selling cars. We constantly improve the quality of service, and we always help our customers to seal deals. That's why now, to be of even more use, the company needs talented and motivated people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Officer
Location: Gudu, Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps and certain types of mobile vehicles.
- He/she will inspect the overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information.
- He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
Essential Job Functions
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine the status of the vehicle
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection. Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed Statement of Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence and other departmental
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes a comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records and a notation of the current odometer reading.
- Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. The review includes titles from other states and foreign countries.
- Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- HND or B.Sc in Mechanical, Automotive, Electrical Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of other disciplines can be considered if the candidate possesses the experience and/or skill in the mechanical/automotive industry).
- 1 to 2 years experience in vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair
- Sound Knowledge of the latest automobile repairs & best industry practices
- Excellent knowledge about cars and their various models
- Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four-wheel drives and constant four-wheel-drive vehicles.
- Excellent communication of vehicle reports to customers
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced)
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
- Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings.
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other states and
- other countries.
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the English language, proper grammar, vocabulary, spelling and punctuation.
- Working with people
- Deciding and initiating action
- Creating and innovating
- Relating and networking
- Task ownership
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectations.
- Presenting and communicating information
- Superior customer experience
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying expertise and technology
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
What We Offer
- We offer financial benefits such as competitive salaries and pension contributions, healthcare, leadership development and new opportunities abound, driven by regular reviews and performance output.
- We offer a vibrant culture, great work ambience, super-intelligent workforce and a relaxed dress code.
- To harness the power of innovation, Cars45 invests in the development of its diverse employees. We aspire to leverage the qualities and appreciate the unique competencies that each person brings to the company. We are also committed to the principles of Equal Employment Opportunities.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 16th June, 2022.