Inspection Officers at Jiji Cars (Formerly Cars45 Limited)
Jiji Cars (formally known as Cars45) is a part of Jiji, the leading online marketplace in Pan-African countries, with over 200 million users from offices in 10 countries. We work every day to make sure that people have a place for safe buying and selling cars. We constantly improve the quality of service, and we always help our customers to seal deals. That's why now, to be of even more use, the company needs talented and motivated people.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Officer
Locations: Abuja, Lagos, Akure - Ondo and Asaba - Delta
Employment Type: Full-time
- The successful candidate will perform inspections on a variety of vehicles, such as cars, trucks, and certain types of mobile vehicles.
- He/she will inspect overall interior and exterior conditions of cars, and check operations of engine, transmission, steering system, brake system, air conditioning system, and other systems on the vehicle.
- He/she will also be required to interprete these conditions on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine status of vehicle.
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts of the vehicle.
- Comprehensive check of engine, transmission, brake system, steering and suspension system, air conditioning system, and other systems available on the vehicle.
- Create an inspection report on all vehicles inspected.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing or numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Conduct test drives for vehicles during inspections (both Manual and Automatic transmissions).
- Communicate condition of vehicle to seller for negotiation purpose.
- Following established procedures and policies.
- Conduct remote inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- HND or B.Sc in Mechanical, Automotive Engineering (OND Holder or Graduates of other disciplines, or Mechanics can be considered if candidate possesses experience and/or skill in mechanical/automotive industry)
- 1 to 2 years (or more) experience on vehicle diagnosis, inspection or repair.
- Ability to drive both manual and automatic transmission (gear) on cars.
- Must be computer literate.
- Knowledge of locations of chassis numbers (VIN) and odometer readings on vehicles.
- Knowledge of, or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings.
- Proximity to center location will be an added advantage
- Not more than 35 years of age.
- Sound Knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry practices.
- Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models.
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced).
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine.
- Good communication skills (oral and written).
We generally offer a vibrant culture, great work ambiance, super intelligent workforce, and a relaxed dress code in order to harness the power of innovation. We care a lot about our employees. It’s obvious that for efficient work you need to stay in favorable working conditions. That’s why we offer you the following benefits:
- A competitive salary and one of the best in the industry;
- TGIF every last Friday of the month and regular Team Building events
- Leadership development and new opportunities to grow as we are constantly expanding;
- An opportunity to work with a dynamic and international team all across the world.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 13th July, 2022.