Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Pharmaceutical > Internal Auditor in an Indigenous Pharmaceuticals & Drug Company
Internal Auditor in an Indigenous Pharmaceuticals & Drug Company
Feb 26, 2020, 3:02 PM
Fadac Resources and Services - Our client, an Indigenous Pharmaceuticals & Drug Company due to an expansion, is recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Internal Auditor Location: Lagos
- Ensure overall process compliance with established policies and controls as well as regulatory/statutory stipulations and guidelines.
- Commission/approve the conduct of routine and special investigations ensuring standard procedures are adhered to.
- Review audit reports and work papers ensuring professional standards are not compromised and that conclusions and recommendations are adequately supported.
- Ensure the timely resolution of investigated items, audit/review points and other key exceptional issues/matters.
- Foster and maintain business relationships with relevant institutions and ensure the business is abreast of and in compliance with regulatory changes impacting its operations.
- Manage the interface between the department and other divisions/functions in the organization to ensure smooth functioning of the department.
- Initiate periodic meetings and liaise with interfacing departments to define, appraise or revise service levels.
- Advise the organization, BOD, on good governance and best practices in business risk management.
- Provide input and be proactively involved in the development of the business continuity plan.
- Coordinate and oversee the development of the departmental budget and contribute actively to the preparation of the organisationТs budget.
- Monitor actual activity and performance levels against the agreed budget and take appropriate corrective action to ensure a cost-justified execution of the departmental activities.
- Review and authorise key expenditures/transactions of the department in line with approved departmental budget and the organisationТs manual of authority.
- Provide leadership and guidance to the unit heads and coordinate activities within the department to ensure compliance with internal policies and procedures as well as regulatory and statutory requirements.
- Monitor and oversee the performance of subordinates ensuring compliance with approved performance standards.
- Ensure that daily, weekly or monthly activity status and performance reports for the department are prepared for the attention of the Executive Director and other relevant parties.
- Develop risk management strategies to mitigate identified risks for the entire company operations;
- Conduct orientation of relevant parties on new processes, policies and controls across the entire company.
- Periodically review the departmentТs policies and procedures and recommend improvement opportunities to the Executive Director.
- Oversee the implementation of policy amendments once relevant approvals have been obtained.
- To carry out an independent appraisal of the effectiveness of the policies, procedures and standards by which the financial, physical, human and information resources are managed.
- To ensure strict adherence to internal policies and procedures, controls, regulations and maintenance of quality service delivery within the company
- Participate and provide input in the articulation and development of the Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Management departmental strategy.
- Champion the articulation and development of departmental plans, programs and strategies to facilitate the realization of the Internal Audit, Compliance & Risk Management, and organization-wide strategies.
- Demonstrate ownership and communicate the departmentТs strategic direction and objectives to all staff ensuring mutual understanding of roles, responsibilities and accountabilities.
- Provide broad guidelines for the articulation of the departmentТs policies, procedures and guidelines and monitor and ensure compliance by all staff.
- Designs, implements and continuously reviews internal control and audit procedures to cover all functional areas/inter-company relationship and/or transactions/staff audit, etc.
- Establishment and Implementation of a sound internal control systems in line with our operational activities requirements.
- Continually communicates key company controls, policies and approval limits.
- Documents evidence arising from audit and provides internal audit recommendations to the BOD, executive management and management of the operating units for review and approval.
- Conduct thorough and objective examination of financial and non-financial transactions and records.
- Maintain regular updates on trends and advances in global risk management and ensure the knowledge and relevant information is communicated to business managers within and outside the department.
- Oversee the standardization of control processes and practices, as well as application of relevant control tools and techniques within the organization.
- Prepares and presents audit and risk assessment reports identifying weaknesses and suggesting new procedures, controls and policies to the BOD and executive management of the company.
- Serve as key information node for disseminating new and revised operating policies and procedures as well as improvements/changes in control/monitoring tools, techniques and approach.
- Coordinate departmental involvement to identify control implications of process improvement/redesign and systems upgrade/implementation efforts and ensure the adequacy and sufficiency of the controls.
- Good grasp of Accounting standards/conventions
- Excellent knowledge of accounting systems of the company
- Policies and processes development knowledge, management and application
- Ability to uphold and abide by the ethics of the profession
- Possession of sound knowledge of the manufacturing industry
- Good budgeting knowledge
- Excellent Communication Skills (written and oral)
- A good first degree in any Management Science / Social Science related discipline preferably in Accounting or Economics.
- Minimum of eight (8) years post-graduate experience with a minimum of six (6) years in a similar position.
- Possession of at least one of these Professional qualification e.g. ACA, ACCA, CISA, CFA is mandatory and will be an added advantage
- Risk management
- Ability to eliminate or reduce risk of the company to the barest minimum
- Excellent knowledge of Internal Audit and Risk Management procedures
- Financial management
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts