Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Manufacturing / FMCG / Industrial > Inventory Officer in a Recycling & Commodity Trading Company
Inventory Officer in a Recycling & Commodity Trading Company
Jul 2, 2020, 6:45 PM
Myrtle Management Consultants - Our client is a Recycling & Commodity Trading Company. They trade, recycle and export various metals - Lead, Aluminium, Steel, etc. Their core is the exporting of Lead Plates.
They are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Inventory Officer Location: Magboro, Ogun State.
- Our client is a recycling and commodity trading company. They trade, recycle and export various metals - Lead, Aluminium, Steel, etc. Their core is the exporting of Lead Plates.
- They seek to fill the role of a Inventory Officer. the inventory officer is responsible for preparing the purchase orders, receiving, storing, issuing the goods, managing the stock levels and giving out the supplies from the stock.
- To be involved in preparing the inventories, maintaining the stock records, using computerized systems for entering the records and is accountable for checking the supply invoices with the purchase orders.
- To be responsible for preparing the reports on adjustments done to inventories that may be damaged, spoilt, etc., and coordinates the purchasing, inventory and warehousing functions.
- To oversee that the arrangement of goods has been done in an orderly system within the stock location system so that the stock can be stored easily and retrieved whenever there is a requirement. Similarly, he/she ensures that the stocks stay physically protected in the warehouse
- To undertake the function of stock taking and confirm the periodic stock on a regular basis by working closely with the designated staff members
- To supervise the offloading process, the subsequent arrangement of merchandise, material, etc., and consignment so that it can be accessed and identified easily
- To ensure the correct and timely valuation of the inventory and to be involved in directing and managing procedures related to offloading, packing and unpacking
- To find out sources of supply and is responsible for obtaining quotes from the suppliers as well.
- To make sure to get rid of the surplus or obsolete stock.
- To maintain record of receipts as well as issuance of items that are going out of the warehouse so as to ensure accuracy and completeness
- To be involved in reconciliation of physical stock with the stock in the system
- Minimum of OND, Accounting background
- 0-2 years
- Young, teachable and ability to learn fast
- Remuneration is competitive along with other benefits (HMO, Pension).
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Interviews are on a rolling basis to this date. Only shortlisted candidates will be contactedApplication Deadline 15th July, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts