Job at APM Terminals for a Shift Manager - Technical
At APM Terminals, we are a team of over 20,000
employees spread across more than 60 countries united by a passion to
provide our expertise in port operations and container management
services. By providing the expertise and port infrastructure essential
to world trade, we actively support the
advancement of the societies
around us, enabling local economies to unlock their potential and build
an even stronger global community.
Working with a team of talented professionals you will get a chance to
experience different cultures and make friends all over the world.
You’ll find a culturally diverse, stimulating environment at any of our
offices, terminals or depots. When you join APM Terminals, the world is
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Shift Manager - Technical
Location: Port Harcourt
- Supervises mechanical and electrical maintenance, repair and
service activities, including inspection units, machinist,
welders/fabricators, tire repair, etc
- Supervises and follow up reefer technicians & their activities
- Monitor status and performance of the equipment; propose and
implement improvement in maintenance practices leading to increased
overall performance (reliability & availability) of the equipment.
- Based on equipment usage plan and scheduled maintenance and
repair work, liaise with operations for the availability of the
- Monitors status of preventative maintenance schedules, to ensure all PM work is being done timely.
- Ensures maximum availability of equipment is maintained for port operations.
- Provides information and reports on daily equipment availability, hourly functionality, and repair status & shift reports.
- Ensure that the maintenance activity information in the Log Book relevant to any work activity is recorded accurately
Who we are looking for:
- Requires a high school diploma and additional vocational/technical education-diploma in Mechanical, Electrical engineering.
- Additional training in both electrical and mechanical fields is preferred.
- Requires knowledge of wide range of electrical equipment,
industrial control systems, variable drive systems, and mechanical,
hydraulic, pneumatic systems and their controls.
- Requires knowledge and ability to read and interpret engineering
drawings and schematics, service & parts manuals for various
- Must be able to troubleshoot / diagnose / identify electrical,
mechanical and hydraulic and pneumatic problems, and provide direction
- Capable of conducting technical training.
- Requires at least five to seven years of general supervisory
experience in general maintenance section. Must have specific knowledge
of electrical, electronic and mechanical and related subjects.
How to Apply
- A wide range of national and international career opportunities.
- Opportunities for professional growth in a dynamic environment
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
17th March, 2017.