Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Job for a CCCM Technician Officer at ACTED
Job for a CCCM Technician Officer at ACTED
Oct 15, 2019, 7:14 AM
ACTED has been committed since 1993, to immediate humanitarian relief to support those in urgent need and protect people’s dignity, while co-creating longer term opportunities for sustainable growth and fulfilling people’s potential. ACTED, headquartered in Paris, France is present in four continents and our teams intervene in 37 countries towards 14 million people, responding to emergency situations, supporting rehabilitation projects and accompanying the dynamics of development. Over 5,000 staff are dedicated to implementing and developing our projects. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: CCCM Technician Officer Location: Borno About the Job
- This position falls under the direct management of ACTED's Deputy Camp Manager
- ACTED's CCCM Technician Officer will play an integral part of the camp management team of Borno State ensuring that all inhabitants of the camp are living a safe, secured and dignified life
- This will require constant interaction with the camp community, coordination, monitoring and understanding the protection risks and challenges faced in the camp.
- Full management of technical projects occurring within ACTED operated reception centers and IDP camps.
- Creation of reception center infrastructure including but not limited to latrines, water basins, communal shelter units, reception shelter, perimeter fence, etc
- Create BoQ and item procurement for technical work
- Coordinate with Deputy camp manager and PM on infrastructure maintenance ideas and costs
- Create blueprints for infrastructure construction
- Train casual labour in creating camp infrastructure
- Treat community members in a sensitive and humane manner
- Build and maintain mutually respectful relationships with Camp Management, service providers, local authorities, IDP community members and host community members, in order to ensure smooth communication, activity implementation, and community outreach.
- Full management of camps Site Maintenance Committee including advertising TOR, hiring committee based on balancing skills with vulnerabilities, training committee in objective of the team, procure items for maintenance work, supervise maintenance work, facilitate CFW payment
- Any other tasks as requested by ACTED’s Team Leader and Camp Management Program Manager.
- All employees should master ACTED's core Principles: Independence, Neutrality, Non-discrimination, free and direct access to victims, Ethics, Professionalism, anti-Corruption, Transparency and Accountability.
- Completion of a University Degree in Civil Engineering, Architecture, Urban Planning or Engineering
- Experience in working with national partners, local/government authorities, and UN organizations.
- Experience working in an IDP camp setting
- Experience in creating shelters/small-medium scale infrastructure.
- Minimum one year of experience in international and/or local NGO; ideally involved in the direct implementation of field level humanitarian assistance to refugees or IDPs.
- Technical skills such as using AutoCad, ArcGIS, ODK and Microsoft Office.
- Experience in community services, women empowerment, youth activities, protection, distribution or registration.
- Extensive knowledge of Nigeria displacement context.
- Ability to work in a multi-cultural environment.
- Commitment to humanitarian principles and values.
- Understanding of gender, protection and human rights.
- Commitment to promoting gender equality.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Excellent interpersonal and team-playing skills.
- Highly flexible, with the ability to use initiative.
- Proficiency in English and local language, both oral and written.
- Capacity-building of staff.
- Preferable experience operating in a refugee/IDP camp environment.
- Knowledge of logistics and procurement processes.
- Managerial experience, including leading/supervising subordinate staff, organizing activities and report writing.
- Experience in training and Experience in CCCM, including Introduction to CCCM Training.
- Contract length: 6 Months
- Level: D2-1 (national contract)
- Start date: As soon as possible Desirable.
- All applicants must send a Cover Letter and an updated CV (no longer than four pages) in English.
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: The Recruitment Manager.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered. Please note: The position title and location must be written in the subject line of the e-mail otherwise not considered.
- ACTED considers all applicants on the basis of merit without regard to race, sex, colour, religion, sexual orientation, age, marital status, or disability.
- CVs will be review on rolling bases.
- Due to the large numbers of expected applicants ACTED will only inform shortlisted candidates. We apologise for the inconvenience. Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts