Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Business and Finance > Job for a Financial Controller in a Leading Capital Market Company in Lagos
Job for a Financial Controller in a Leading Capital Market Company in Lagos
Apr 2, 2019, 10:08 PM
Alan & Grant - Our client, a leading capital market is recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Financial Controller Location: Lagos Job Summary
- Provide full financial and management accounting services to the Management.
- Ensure that an appropriate financial policy framework is in place to guide management decision-making, particularly in the areas of assets and liability management (ALM).
- Establish comprehensive operational guidelines & workflows covering all business transactions and processes.
- Maintain contacts and liaise with bankers, auditors, regulatory authorities (SEC, NSE, PFAs, and e.t.c), tax authorities (Federal & State) to ensure compliance and long term financial security and stability.
- Ensure financial and other reporting systems are maintained in accordance with company’s accounting policies and relevant standards required by regulatory bodies, management and external auditors.
- Prepare weekly and monthly banks’ reconciliation reports.
- Ensure error-free trades posting into software(s) and timely settlement.
- Manage and monitor daily cash position to ensure effective liquidity management as well as minimize company’s exposures/liability
- Production and submission of quarterly reports and any other reports as may be requested to SEC in specified format.
- Ensure effective coordination of offers processes and returns rending to issuing houses.
- Participate in meetings of departmental heads as necessary and work closely with all departmental heads/management team, advising them on likely financial consequences of all proposed courses of actions.
- Be prepared to act as a member of project management team as necessary.
- Ensure accuracy and integrity of all financial records and data input.
- Ensure production of accurate monthly and quarterly performance reports and management accounts.
- A minimum of first degree in any Management Science/Social Science related discipline preferably in accounting, economics/finance.
- Minimum of 5 years post-graduate work experience with a minimum of 3 years in a strategic/similar position in the financial services sector.
- Ability to demonstrate oral and written communication excellence to staff and nonstaff.
- Ability to coach and develop colleagues and delegate accountability to encourage staff responsibility and engagement.
- Excellent understanding of financial and accounting systems.
- Good grasp of accounting software and Microsoft Office, especially Excel at a minimum of intermediate level.
- Ability to adapt to changing situation and structures.
- A good team builder and manager.
- Professional qualification- A minimum of ACA/ACCA is compulsory while other qualifications such as ACS, ACTI, CFA will be added advantage.
- Good planner with analytical and problem solving flair.
- Strategic thinker with superb ability to micro manage and ensure operational excellence.
- Good attitude of seeing other departments/staff colleagues as internal clients.
- Commitment to providing accurate and timely information to a high standard.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts