Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Transport / Logistics / Haulage > Job for a Port Operation Supervisor at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Job for a Port Operation Supervisor at Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited
Aug 20, 2019, 7:15 AM
Sinoma Cargo International Nigeria Limited, a company in haulage industry is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Port Operation Supervisor Location: Lagos Hours: Normal working hours are 8:00 a.m. - 5:00 p.m. daily. Job Description
- The Port Operations Supervisor will assists in planning the sequence of loading and unloading cargo from ships, and the placement of cargo in the port area.
- The supervisor will deploy staff to match operational demands
- The supervisor will facilitate communication between the management and working staff
- The supervisor will monitor vessel arrival and discharge to coordinate cargo loading and unloading
- The supervisor will oversee cargo handling operations
- The supervisor will perform daily planning on resource allocation (berths, yard and stowage planning).
- The Supervisor will oversees large-scale operations, assists in resource planning and deploys manpower for each shift.
- The supervisor will also takes charge of lashing operations that secure cargo on vessels.
- The supervisor is responsible for berthing and unberthing vessels, carrying out wharf operations like locking and unlocking containers, and assisting with water bunkering operations.
- The supervisor will allocate resources to carry out vessel loading and unloading plan
- Minimum of 3 years working experience as a port operation supervisor in a shipping company is required for the position.
- Proficient in Microsoft Office applications (i.e. MS-excel, MS-word, Outlook etc.).
- Strong communication and negotiation skills
- Handles confidential financial and personal information appropriately
- Ability to tactfully handle stressful and difficult situations
- Possess strong problem solving skills.
- Detail oriented and works with a high degree of accuracy
- Ability to multitask
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts