Job for C&P Buyer in a Multinational Oil and Gas Company
MAVENTEQ SYSTEMS LIMITED - Our client, a multinational Oil and Gas company in Nigeria is currently recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
JOB TITLE: C&P BUYER
- Ensure 100% compliance to COMPANY rules, SOX and local rules
- Ensure the establishment of suitable lists of potential bidders in accordance with vendor management policies and procedures to obtain good value for money.
- Always ensure that Purchases are made with the best possible compromise between, lead time, value and quality
- Handle Purchases in the Lab Office designated to him through PR assignment
- Analyze all Purchase Requisitions for adequate material specification, budget authorizations and cost centers to which the purchases are being charged.
- Review all PRs assigned, Group requisitions to reduce process costs, compile tender packages and organize call for tender / request for quotation, ensure the use of e- sourcing tools and in line with approved guidelines.
- Answer to tenderers requests for clarification by liaising with USER entities.
- Study, compare and evaluate offers in order to have the most economical and contractual advantageous conditions
- Optimize Purchases by all means possible; bringing their professional experience to bear, with emphasis on making Savings for the Company
- Pay attention to COMPANY General Conditions and terms of purchase to ensure the Company is not exposed to legal liabilities.
- Organize and lead negotiations with suppliers associated with award and performance of POs and escalates difficult situations to hierarchies.
- Issue RTAs in Duet with Métier Partners
- Where applicable to clearly state in purchase orders QA/QC requirements (in the form of Mill/Test Certificates, MSDS, other certificates).
- Ensure the follow-up of purchase orders until complete reception and payment
- Ensure rapid and correct validation of POs
- Ensure reception of acknowledgement of receipt for PO’s from suppliers
- Ensure Suppliers’ deliveries on time
- Follow-up of goods receipt until affiliate’s central warehouse.
- Negotiate and solve all changes leading to amendment from COMPANY Partners or suppliers/contractors
- Clarify discrepancies between material received and orders, if any with suppliers
- Input all purchase data in SAP
- Generate and provide periodic reports of purchasing activities or any other reports requested by management.
- Shall perform any other duties assigned by the Domain Manager from time to time
- A degree in Engineering, Management or Social Sciences (Preferably Purchasing & Supply).
- Membership of relevant professional bodies in the Supply Chain and in Operational functions will be an added advantage.
- Minimum 0 - 5 years’ experience in Oil and Gas Industry with good knowledge of Purchasing and Supply Chain
- Demonstrable general knowledge and understanding of commercial, legal and insurance issues affecting the company in general.
- Good command of English language and excellent communication skills.
DEADLINE: 1st December
- Resident – Standard Office hours, 5 days a week
- Port Harcourt Office, Nigeria
*METHOD OF APPLICATION*
Candidates should send their CV to: *[email protected]*
*Note that only candidates who meets the job requirements will be contacted*