Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Job For Nurse at the Alliance for International Medical Action, 15th March, 2019
Job For Nurse at the Alliance for International Medical Action, 15th March, 2019
Mar 15, 2019, 8:29 PM
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Nurse Location: Askira-UBA, Borno Reports to: Nurse Activity Supervisor Reports to (Functional): Nurse Activity Manager Responsible for: Nursing Assistants Type of employment: Full time Contract Duration: 3 months, renewable. Main Job Objectives
- To provide nursing care, treatment and follow-up of patients, according to doctors' prescriptions, protocols applied in service and universal hygiene standards/precautions, in order to ensure the quality and continuity of care for the targeted population.
- Carry-out admission, surveillance and follow-up of patients meaning assessment of their health state evolution, and identification of emergency situation or any deterioration
- Participate in health education of the patient (and family) when necessary
- Supervise and train nurse-aids, nutritional assistants, cleaners and other related staff under his/her supervision in their work with special focus in following all appropriate protocols and procedures and ensuring team work
- Participate in the department-related pharmacy and medical equipment control and maintenance
- Carry-out and supervise administrative procedures and documents, ensure an appropriate written/oral handover, and report any problematic situations and cases that may arise
- Fill in all necessary registers and health files, participate in data collection and keep doctors/supervisors informed
- For ER and OPD nurse, ensure triage of patients in waiting areas, wards or during emergencies, detecting the priority acute/emergency cases, carrying out first aid care when necessary and referring them to the doctor if applicable, identify Gender Based Violence victims and refer them to the medical team, so they can receive the necessary treatment
- Aware of the importance and appropriate use of the Post Exposure Prophylaxis (PEP) Kit
- Send material to be sterilized and recuperates it from sterilization
- Give regular feedback to the line manager and report directly any issue or incident
- Know, promote, implement and follow at all times the universal hygiene standards/ precautions, bio-hazard prevention and infection control, security rules and other protocols and procedures in the medical premises and ensure high standards of hygiene of his/her working environment
- Organize and carry out care and treatments according to medical prescriptions, as well as assist them during consultations/ daily rounds and other medical procedures
- Ensure patients are properly received and installed in the health service. Ensures that patients with lack of autonomy are assisted, especially regarding their feeding, personal hygiene, movements and comfort
- Respect medical secret and confidentiality
- Attendance at weekly medical and project meetings
- Cover the gap of nurse colleagues when required in the project.
- Any other task as deemed necessary by the supervisor but in line with overall job responsibilities.
- Multi-cultural flexibility or experience, Team Player,
- Calm, stress management, patient,
- Confidentiality, strong sense of integrity
- Ability to adapt to new circumstances, flexibility
- Planning capabilities, organizational skills,
- Management skills
- Communication skills
- Computer skills (good knowledge of MS Office and specifically excel)
- List of personal qualities required for the position, such as (not exhaustive)
- Diplomacy, good communication and interpersonal skills,
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Part of any ALIMA-employee responsibilities is the attendance of trainings as per the requirements of the organisation.
- The job description can be modified according to the evolution of the work.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts