Job For U-Report Individual Contractor at the United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund, 22nd March, 2019
Mar 22, 2019, 3:16 PM
The United Nations International Children's Emergency Fund (UNICEF) - For 70 years, UNICEF has been working on the ground in 190 countries and territories to promote children's survival, protection and development. The world's largest provider of vaccines for developing countries, UNICEF supports child health and nutrition, good water and sanitation, quality basic education for all boys and girls, and the protection of children from violence, exploitation, and AIDS. UNICEF is funded entirely by the voluntary contributions of individuals, businesses, foundations and governments.
If you are a committed, creative professional and are passionate about making a lasting difference for children, the world's leading children's rights organization would like to hear from you.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: U-Report Individual Contractor
Job Number: 520783
Work Type : Consultancy
Contract duration: 11 months
- U-Report in Nigeria started in February 2014 and officially launched on April 29th, 2015.U-Report is a user-centered, social monitoring and community empowerment tool based on simple Short Message Service (SMS) messages (poll questions, results, and sharing of useful information) designed to strengthen community-led development, citizen engagement and positive change.
- U-Report relies on volunteer community members serving as U-Reporters on a free entry free exit basis to provide information to bring to light issues in their communities. U-Report allows citizens to speak-out on what is happening in their communities, provides a forum to amplify their voices through local and national media, sends alerts to key stakeholders about the issues their constituents are facing, and feeds back useful information to the U-Reporters, so they are empowered to work for positive change and improvements in their localities. The platform provides decision makers a forum to listen to millions of voices through simple messaging.
- Four years after the start of U-Report Nigeria, 3 million U-Reporters are currently registered on the platform. This number will easily go up given that the potential is enormous in the continent's largest economy with a population of over 173 million people.
- Since its inception in Nigeria, over 200 weekly polls have gone out with results being shared both in traditional media and across social media channels.
- Manage technical issues on the U-Report platform and participate in global calls.
- Manually remove irrelevant data from polls using U-report online interface
- Identify and categorize popular themes from unsolicited messages that potentially require further processing e.g. reports of diseases and outbreaks
- Identification and rectification of missing fields of demographics and registration based on user profile information
- Make recommendations for data display in U-report website
- Analyze current polls for publication in national press and share with partners
- Display trends through data analysis and reports.
- Analyze historical polls to establish baseline trends for monitoring of future attitudinal change
- Management of U-Report Calendar
- Source for poll questions from sections
- Construct flows for polls on rapid-pro
- Identify challenges within the U-Report digital operational structure that can allow data integrity to be compromised
Qualifications or Specialized Knowledge/Experience Required
- Good understanding of development issues, world affairs and current events.
- Proven ability to conceptualize, plan and execute ideas as well as to transfer knowledge and skills
- Experience of working within teams
- Strong writing and communication skills and the aptitude to handle advanced data integrity tests
- Proven successful track record in data analysis projects with tangible results.
- Fluency in written and verbal English is essential. Fluency in a local dialect is also desired.
- A first degree in Mathematics, IT, Social Work and Administration or any other related field.
- At least 3 years working experience in research and data analysis
- Experience using online dashboards for data analysis
- Experience using the RapidPro software and U-Report.
- Expert level experience of using Microsoft Excel.
- A good understanding of UNICEF programs and policy, including knowledge of technology for developments programs.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 28th March, 2019.
- Applicants should quote an all inclusive fee in their cover letters
- UNICEF is committed to diversity and inclusion within its workforce, and encourages all candidates, irrespective of gender, nationality, religious and ethnic backgrounds, including persons living with disabilities, to apply to become a part of the organization.
- UNICEF has a zero-tolerance policy on conduct that is incompatible with the aims and objectives of the United Nations and UNICEF, including sexual exploitation and abuse, sexual harassment, abuse of authority and discrimination. UNICEF also adheres to strict child safeguarding principles. All selected candidates will, therefore, undergo rigorous reference and background checks, and will be expected to adhere to these standards and principles.
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.