Job Openings In A Leading Oil and Gas Firm
Jul 2, 2019, 10:29 AM
A leading company in Shipping and Oil Based Services sector has vacancy for the position below:
Job Title: Personnel/Legal Officer
- Provide high quality professional advice and support to managers and staff for all HR related matters
- Management of all agreements and contracts entered in by the company with its numerous customers
- Provide counseling on policies and procedures
- Be actively involved in recruitment by preparing job descriptions, posting ads and managing the hiring process
- Maintain and update HR database systems.
- Complete relevant documentation in line with Regulatory and Awarding bodies.
- Identify personal and professional staff development needs to meet the Company’s Strategic and Operational Plan
- Ensure continuous professional development (CPD) requirements that may be identified during Appraisal processes.
- Support the management of disciplinary and grievance issues
- Review employment and working conditions to ensure legal compliance
- Knowledge of HR functions (pay & benefits, recruitment, training & development, etc.)
- Must possess LLB (Hons.) and BL with at least 5 years experience in similar capacity.
- Knowledge of employment contracts within the context of the Nigerian labour laws
- Experience in Maritime and Shipping industry will be an added advantage
- Excellent IT skills specifically MS Office (MS Word, Excel, Power Point and Outlook), also keen knowledge and experience of the importance of databases and their role in providing accurate management information
- Outstanding organizational, communication, interpersonal and time-management skills
Job Title: Heavy Duty Equipment Mechanic
- Container Lifters, Cranes, Forklifts, Trucks and other heavy duty equipment for proper performance, and inspect equipment to detect faults and malfunctions
- Diagnosing faults or malfunctions using computerized and other testing equipment to determine the extent of repair required
- Adjust equipment and repair or replace defective parts, components or systems using hand and power tools
- Testing repaired equipment for proper performance and to ensure that work meets manufacturers specifications
- Clean, lubricate and perform other routine maintenance work on equipment
- Service attachments and working tools such as blades, ploughs, winches and side booms
- Minimum of five years proven experience within the field
- Minimum of OND Qualification in Mechanical Engineering or Engineering Trade Certificate.
Job Title: Workshop Manager
- Responsible for maintenance and repair of equipment, both in the company and at project sites
- Inspection and calibration of all company equipment based on the original equipment manufacturers specifications
- Review of employees training for skilled technical workforce
- Establishment and monitoring preventative maintenance schedule of all company equipment
- Support on the job projects including identifying all sources of equipment maintenance, fueling, repair and spare parts.
- Establish productivity expectations and tracks the production and activity of the technical workforce
- Participate in the equipment evaluation process to determine buy /sell needs, purchases and sale of new and used equipment.
- Maintenance of health positive working relationship with other divisions of the company
- B.Sc/HND in Mechanical Engineering
- Minimum 10 years working experience as Heavy Equipment Supervisor
- Specialized knowledge Groove cranes, Container Lifters, Fork Lift equipment is a must.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com using the "Job Title" as subject of the email.
Application Deadline 16th July, 2019.
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.