Job Opportunities at Dorcas Oke Hope Alive Initiative
Aug 13, 2020, 10:35 PM
Dorcas Oke Hope Alive Initiative - We are a faith-based NGO in Nigeria, working in the field of health and development working to improve the plight of African women, children and youths.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Administrative Officer
Description of Responsibilities
- Oversee human resources management in compliance with local laws and practices.
- Support project recruitment, hiring and personnel management with DOHAL policies, Donor policies, and Nigerian laws.
- Prepare, maintain and ensure the security of all employee files.
- Manage the tracking of employee leave balances, performance review calendars and recall/contact rosters.
- Manage issuance of local labor benefits approved by the project, under the supervision of the Executive Director
- Support all project procurement requirements, including the selection of and negotiation with vendors and the management of subcontractors on projects
- Ensure all procurements are conducted in compliance with DOHAL procurement, HR and finance policies and regulations.
- Maintain and regularly update assets and products inventory list to ensure all property is tagged, well-maintained, accounted for and properly serialized.
- Manage calendars, co-ordinate meetings and Maintain regular business reports or updates
- Interact with internal and external customers
- In conjunction with the finance officer, process expense reports and invoices
- Manage supplies and other indirect purchases
- Share information with admin assistants
- Review and verify Purchase Request Forms (PRFs) and Purchase Orders (POs), ensuring purchases are allocable, adequate funding is available, expenses are authorized, supporting documentation is captured and recorded, expense totals are accurately recorded, and all payments are controlled/recorded.
- Use administrative and organizational skills to provide general administrative support to management and Technical working group
- Ensure smooth travel planning, calendar coordination, complex meeting planning and other administrative business processes.
Experience and Skills
- Minimum of five (5) years of relevant work experience.
- Master's Degree in Business Administration or relevant field.
- Strong attention to detail, prioritization, and organizational skills organizational skills
- Excellent computer literacy in a variety of Microsoft office and web-based programs
- Previous experience working on internationally funded projects strongly preferred
- Highly dependable and trustworthy and able to manage conflicting priorities and deadlines
- Individuals who are self-motivated and do things before being asked by others or forced to by events
- Professional and courteous communication
Job Title: Finance Manager
Description of Responsibilities
- Ensure timely and accurate data entries in cashbook, bankbook and Quickbooks following the standard descriptions defined in DOHAL’s Finance procedure manual;
- Verify and coordinate the monthly compilation accounts from each area;
- Supervise cash and bank balance checking process when closing the monthly accounts;
- Communicate accounts on a monthly basis to ED as well as to Central Finance, respecting procedures and deadlines in line with the monthly accounting schedule
- Manage the presentation, circulation, filing of vouchers and archiving of accounting and financial documents in compliance Finance procedures (maintain an up-to-date filing and follow-up)
- Review on a random basis quality and compliance of documentation from Satellite offices
- Participate in the quarterly and midyear internal and external audit processes.
- Ensure justified bank selection process, open/close bank accounts under the authority of the CEO
- Oversee the management of bank accounts: control and make sure flows are properly lettered (advances, transfers, etc.), check balances and justifications for cash movement
- Supervise the management of safes and cash: available amount, balance checks, security instructions;
- Assess monthly cash-flow needs for projects and areas and draw up monthly budgets and retirements
- Manage money transfers, areas cash-supply and amounts in circulation, whilst defining payment procedures (bank transfer, cheque, cash etc.);
- Make sure donors are invoiced on time and report it through the tool
- Collect visas of authorised staff members, set-up commitment ceiling in local currencies, define methods and timescales for payment;
- Before commitment / payment of any expenditure, check authorization levels, budget availability, budget line on which the expense is to be allocated to, ensuring full compliance DOHAL’s finance policies as well as donors policies and procedures;
- In close coordination with the Executive Director, negotiate terms of contracts including payment schedule & taxes obligations; ensure that procurement procedures are adhered to; Follow-up commitments and payments
- Ensure financial, compliance & budget control; review coherence between orders, quotations/offers, purchase orders, call for tender documentation, procurement memo, contract, invoices, receipts, works/services completion certificates; Check the receiver’s ability to endorse payment;
- In close coordination with the Admin Team, ensure that staff contracts are in line with DOHAL Salary structure available budgets and regulations;
- Propose Salary structure revisions based on available budgets of the organization and allocations from funders.
- Review and validate the payroll on the 25th of each month;
- Validate partner’s accounting and documentation accuracy and compliance before payment.
- Analyse/report gaps between planned budgets and actual expenses; comply to the flexibility rule;
- Anticipate financial risks, present budget updates and mitigation plans
- Analyse and report monthly running costs, fleet and communication of each area
- Prevent and report any financial and operational loss
- Take the lead on external audit preparation in support to the country compliance teams if any; Contribute to opening/closeout meetings, responses to audit reports, recommendations’ implementation plans.
- Perform any other related activities as assigned by immediate supervisor.
Expected Skills and Qualifications
- Minimum of Bachelor's degree in Accounting or related area. A Masters degree will be an advantage
- 3+ year of solid experience in financial management and monitoring systems, preferably in non-governmental organizations
- Excellent financial and analytical skills;
- Excellent communication and drafting skills for effective reporting on programme financial performance;
- Ability to manage a financial/monitoring team and demonstrate leadership;
- Ability to monitor and evaluate financial and monitoring skills of communities through capacity-building efforts;
- Ability to operate in a cross-cultural environment requiring flexibility;
- Familiarity with the aid system, and understanding of donor and governmental requirements;
- Fluency in English required – ability to communicate in local languages an asset;
- Ability to operate Microsoft Word, Excel and finance software (Quickbooks) Demonstrated success in multicultural environments is an advantage.
- Experience must reflect the knowledge, skills and abilities listed above This job description summarizes the main duties of the job. It neither prescribes nor restricts the exact tasks that may be assigned to carry out these duties.
Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: email@example.com Indicate the position applied for in your Application & email title
Application Deadline 21st August, 2020.