Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Pharmaceutical > Job for a Pharmacist at Lily Hospitals Limited, Warri, Delta State
Job for a Pharmacist at Lily Hospitals Limited, Warri, Delta State
Feb 18, 2019, 9:35 PM
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON) and was also recently accredited with COHSASA (Council for Health Service Accreditation of Southern Africa) Certificate. We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. Currently running residency training programs in family medicine and radiology. Lily Hospitals is also involved in housemanship training, internship training in Pharmacy and Radiology. We have multiple locations in Benin, Warri, Okuokoko etc. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Pharmacist Location: Warri, Delta Type: Full Time Job Category: Senior - Level Job Summary
- The role is responsible for dispensing prescribed medications to patients and offering expertise in the safe use of prescriptions. The pharmacist also provides advice on how to lead a healthy lifestyle, conducts health and wellness screenings and oversee the medications given to patients.
- Check prescriptions to ensure that there are no errors and that they are appropriate and safe for the individual patient.
- Provide advice on the dosage of medicines and the most appropriate form of medication for individual patient, for example, tablet, injection, ointment or inhaler.
- Administration (NAFDAC), by monitoring nursing unit inspections, maintaining records for controlled substances, removing outdated and damaged drugs from the pharmacy inventory, maintaining current registration; studying existing and new legislation; and advising management on needed actionsTo provide quality medical care to patients under the supervision of the HOD, Family Medicine.
- Provide guidelines for drug use within the hospital and implement regulations.
- Supervise the work flow of pharmacy assistants and technicians by verifying their preparation and labeling of pharmaceuticals, verifying order entries, charges and inspections.
- Provide pharmacological information by answering questions and requests of health care professionals and counseling patients on drug therapies Execute minor surgical procedures on patients to remove, Comply with state and federal drug laws as regulated by the National Agency for Food and Drug
- Ensure proper management of patient records and pharmacy files.
- Maintain appropriate inventory on pharmaceutical and medical supplies.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Bachelor’s degree (B.Pharm) in Pharmacy
- 2 to 5 years relevant work experience preferably in a clinical or community setting.
- Membership of relevant professional bodies such as the Pharmaceutical Society of Nigeria (PSN).
- The job holder must have good communication skills, a strong ability to work under pressure, self discipline and excellent long term concentration.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts