Job For TA Nutrition Specialist, P-4 at the United Nations Children's Fund, 10th September, 2018
Sep 10, 2018, 6:40 PM
UNICEF works in 190 countries and territories to protect the rights of every child. UNICEF has spent 70 years working to improve the lives of children and their families. Defending children's rights throughout their lives requires a global presence, aiming to produce results and understand their effects. UNICEF believes all children have a right to survive, thrive and fulfill their potential – to the benefit of a better world.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: TA Nutrition Specialist, P-4
Duration: 9 Months
Work Type: Temporary Appointment
- Support Field Offices in managing UNICEF’s Integrated Nutrition Project (INP) and the CIFF supported projects focusing on Community-based management of Acute Malnutrition in Northern Nigeria.
- Develop and manage supply plan for Ready-to-use Therapeutic Food (RUTF) and essential drugs to ensure there is no pipeline break of the commodity at national, state and facility level.
- Take primary responsibility for managing on a daily basis all funding Grant related to the management of acute malnutrition
- Carry out any other activity that may contribute to the achievement of UNICEF’s Nigeria Nutrition milestones.
- Lead the scale up of SAM treatment under the UNICEF Nigeria new Country Porgramme and in line with the scale up plan previously developed
- Provide technical support to the UNICEF Field Office in Maiduguri to improve the quality of the Integrated Management of Acute Malnutrition (IMAM) for children affected by the North-East Emergency Crisis while maintaining the high coverage
- Work closely with the sector coordinator in developing, reviewing and monitoring the nutrition sector’s Humanitarian Response Plan for the North-East nutrition response.
- Liaise with the section Information manager to analyse IMAM programme data, prepare periodic progress updates and programme reports on timely manner and provide supportive feedback to UNICEF Nigeria Field Offices.
- Assist the Chief of Nutrition in preparing funding proposals and donor reports specific to the IMAM both in Emergency response and development programme
- An Advanced University Degree in Nutrition, Nutritional Epidemiology, Public Health, Global/International Health and Nutrition, Health/Nutrition Research, Policy and/or Management, or other Health related Science field is required.
- A minimum of 8 years of professional experience in public health/nutrition planning and management and/or in relevant areas of maternal, newborn and child nutrition health care at the international level some of which preferably in a developing country is required.
- Relevant experience in health/nutrition program/project development and management in any UN system agency or organization is an asset.
- Fluency in English is required.
- Knowledge of another official UN language or a local language is an asset.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 20th September, 2018
Note: Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted and advance to the next stage of the selection process.