Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > Jobs in Nigeria at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Jobs in Nigeria at Catholic Relief Services (CRS)
Oct 11, 2017, 9:00 AM
Catholic Relief Services (CRS) is an International non-governmental organization supporting relief and development work in over 99 countries around the world. CRS programs assist persons on the basis of need, regardless of creed, ethnicity or nationality. CRS works through local church and non-church partners to implement its programs, therefore, strengthening and building the capacity of these partner organizations is fundamental to programs in every country in which CRS operates. CRS re-established presence in Nigeria in 2000 and currently focuses on vulnerable children, agriculture, health and HIV, extractives and governance, and peace building programming. We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: ICT Assistant Ref No: ICT1009 Location: Borno Project Background
- The ICT Assistant will support the ICT4D Officer to coordinate and deliver various ICT and ICT4D (ICT) related services in accordance with established agency ICT policies, procedures, and service standards to support high-quality programs serving the poor and vulnerable.
- You will provide responsive, professional service and technical support to CRS staff and partners to ensure efficient operation and use of CRS information sharing, communication, and collaboration technologies.
- Bachelor's Degree in IT-related field (Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Programming, and Information Systems) highly preferred. Significant work experience in a directly related field combined with appropriate training/certificates will be considered in lieu of degree.
- Desired certifications include Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or equivalent, Cisco Certified Network Associate or equivalent, Microsoft SharePoint Foundations or equivalent and ITIL Foundation Certified.
- Minimum of 1 year work experience in a position with similar responsibilities.
- Experience in introduction, design, implementation, and adoption of relevant technology and data management tools.
- Demonstrated capacity in management of network/server software and hardware devices and platforms.
- Grasp of complex network, security, mobile, desktop, server, telephony, backup, application and database technologies.
- Experience with ITSM and systems management tools preferred.
- The Logistics Officer will support the Logistics unit as a service provider for all CRS NE operations and partner projects and programs.
- Implement the relief supply chain, including storage, receipt of project material, transport/delivery plans, distribution plans, reporting systems, tracking system and filling system.
- Reconcile at least monthly project material stock and distributed quantities.
- Assist partners with the setup and management of relief supply chains and project material management systems.
- Support partners with the preparation of project material management and distribution reports.
- Enter accurate and timely data input into commodity tracking and reporting systems; recommend system improvements and revisions as necessary.
- Prepare and submit to the Supply Chain Manager, in a timely manner, all relevant and required reports.
- Provide training in logistics and commodity management for CRS and partners as requested.
- Degree or High School Diploma in relevant field
- Training and/or significant experience in General Management, Logistics, Financial Management, Accounting or equivalent
- Minimum three (3) years project logistics and management highly preferred
- Willingness to travel frequently to and work in the field
- Proven experience in planning, organization, staff management and staff development
- Strong analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Proven leadership and team-building skills
- Demonstrated ability to prioritize, manage multiple tasks, delegate responsibilities and ensure follow-up, and motivate staff
- Solid working knowledge of computers and the following software: Windows, Outlook, MS Excel, MS Word; ability with MS Access highly desired Hausa and Kanuri Languages is an added advantage
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- CRS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, religion, etc. Qualified women are strongly encouraged to apply”.
- CRS’ recruitment and selection procedures reflect our commitment to protecting children and vulnerable adults from abuse and exploitation.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts