Knowledge & Communications Officer at Association for Reproductive and Family Health
Association for Reproductive and Family Health (ARFH) is a leading Non-Governmental and Not-for-Profit Organization established in 1989 by two eminent and reputable Nigerians who are the most prominent advocates of Sexual Reproductive Health (SRH) and Family Planning (FP) programming in Nigeria. ARFH, a Nigerian fully indigenous, Non- Governmental, and Not-for-Profit organization had implemented projects across the 36+1 states of Nigeria on cross cutting programs including Reproductive, Maternal, Newborn, Child and Adolescent Health plus Nutrition Investment Case (RMNCAH+N), Family Planning (FP), Global fund grants on HIV, TB and Malaria as Prime & Sub recipient, USAID grants on Orphans and Vulnerable Children (OVC) among others.
ARFH since inception consistently contribute to the improvement of the quality of life of rural poor, vulnerable and disadvantaged populations. ARFH has been at the fore-front of Health & community system strengthening, Human resource for health development in Nigeria, supporting the Government of Nigeria to advocate and domesticate health policies into implementation e.g. its task-shifting and task sharing policy through capacity building for all cadres of health care providers including Physicians, Nurse midwives, and CHEWs.
ARFH has its headquarter in Ibadan and operational offices in Abuja, Lagos, and collaborate with State Ministry of Health across the 36 states plus FCT. Our mission is to initiate, promote and implement in partnership with other organizations, developmental, HIV & AIDS, TB, SRH, and family planning program and interventions for young people and adults through capacity building, technical assistance, operations research, and evaluation to improve the quality of life in Nigeria and elsewhere in Africa.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Knowledge & Communications Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Knowledge & Communications Officer, under the supervision of the Program Manager would oversee the organization’s communication programs, prepare media briefings and engagements, be responsible for the organization’s knowledge & communication interface with different target audiences, handle the organization’s social media platforms, liaise with the media – Print, Electronic and Online and double as the Public Relations focal point for the organization.
Specific Job Responsibilities
- Collaborate with management to develop and implement an effective knowledge and communications strategy based on target audience.
- Write, edit, and distribute content including publications, press releases, website content, annual reports, speeches, and other marketing material that communicates the organization's / project’s activities, products and/or services to the public.
- Collate program activities reports for the organization’s website
- Establish and maintain effective relationships with journalists and maintain a media database.
- Seek opportunities to enhance the reputation of the organization, and coordinate publicity events as required.
- Post events and reports on the organization’s website and social media handles.
- Maintain records of media coverage and collate analytics and metrics.
- Manage conflict as it arises and escalate to management.
- Support the preparation of the organization’s quarterly newsletter and write Annual Reports
- Participate actively in any other duties assigned by the CEO.
- Prepare, edit and ensure that contents and updates meet acceptable editorial standards prior to publishing
- Work with relevant teams to identify, highlight donor success stories, lessons learnt and best practices
- Work with the media to create publicity and visibility for project activities implemented at respective locations across the country
- Respond to media inquiries and arrange interviews.
- The candidate is required to possess a good First Degree in the Social Sciences, Mass Communication or Journalism. Master’s Degree in relevant field is an added advantage.
- 4-5 years' relevant work experience.
- Good time management and organizational skills.
- Must be tech savvy and proficient in Microsoft Office Suite usage, content management system software, and social media platforms management.
- Knowledge in the use of desktop publishing software (Adobe InDesign, Photoshop, FrameMaker, PageMaker, etc.).
- Excellent verbal, written, and interpersonal skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Send their comprehensive Curriculum Vitae and Cover Letter in ONLY one attachment (MSWord document) explaining suitability for the job to: [email protected] Please indicate the title of post applied for in the subject line of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicants will be contacted.
- Applicants are advised to provide their functional emails/mobile phone numbers on the application letter as well as three professional referees including their functional e-mail addresses and telephone numbers.
- Eligible female applicants are encouraged to apply.
- ARFH has a Child Safeguarding policy in place and is an equal opportunity employer (EOE)
Application Deadline 30th November, 2022.