Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Laboratory Technician at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Laboratory Technician at The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA)
Jun 9, 2020, 9:02 PM
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Laboratory Technician Location: Monguno, Borno
- Perform clinical laboratory activities according to ALIMA protocols, security and hygiene measures in order to obtain results to determine the patient’s treatment.
- According to medical prescription, prepare and perform clinical exams/tests with appropriate techniques and following ALIMA protocols and procedures. This function includes, among others:
- Taking blood, vaginal and urethral samples.
- Apply hygiene and safety protocols, doing daily cleaning /maintenance, sterilization, washing general glassware after procedures are done.
- Ensuring proper sample waste disposal according to ALIMA protocols and highest safety standards.
- Supply orders, do stock, storage conditions follow-up, keep inventory.
- Keep organized the data collection system of laboratory results and all information generated from the analysis done.
- Report all relevant information linked to the activity in the laboratory to the line manager, especially the loss/robbery/damage of laboratory equipment or medicines.
- Centrifuge blood and urine samples.
- Perform laboratory exams (serology, hematology, biochemistry, bacteriology or parasitological, according to context of the mission).
- Ensure proper reporting and registration of the sample results in order to keep a written track of activity and give information to the relevant persons, ensuring confidentiality.
- Take care, manage and organize efficiently the laboratory material/equipment:
- Essential: Laboratory Technician Diploma / Degree.
- Minimum of 1 year working experience essential.
- Mission language desirable and local language essential.
- Essential computer literacy (word, excel and internet)
- Results, teamwork, flexibility, commitment, stress management
- Work location: Monguno
- Respect and compliance to ALIMA’s and other applicable local security policies.
- Contract term: Fixed-Term Contracts.
Salary National Pay Scale.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their Applications to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job title" as subject of the email. NoteApplication Deadline 15th June, 2020.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- Please make sure to submit your application on or before this date.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts