Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Latest Jobs at Action Against Hunger, 20th May, 2019
Latest Jobs at Action Against Hunger, 20th May, 2019
May 20, 2019, 8:44 PM
Action Against Hunger works to save lives by combating hunger and diseases that threaten the lives of vulnerable communities, through nutrition, food security, water and sanitation, health and advocacy. We are recruiting to fill the position of: Job Title: Operations Support Coordinator (M/F) Location: Nigeria Job Description
- Under the supervision of the Area Coordinator, your mission is to provide leadership and management of all the Support Services functions and systems at regional level, including Logistics, Finance and HR & Administration Management, to ensure quality support to programme implementation is maintained in line with ACF Nigeria Country Strategy, internal policies, best practice and donor guidelines. More precisly, you will:
- Coordinate the support function inter-departmental work plans, in order to provide operational support to project implementation.
- Manage the support functions
- Ensure general Administration
- Ensure proper reporting
- You hold advanced University degree (Masters) preferably in Economics and/or Political/Humanitarian/Development Studies or equivalent.
- You have a minimum of 3 years of humanitarian experience in country level senior management/coordination role, in complex emergency / insecure contexts.
- Fluency in English written/spoken is compulsory, especially writing reports.
- Length of contract: 12 months starting on 1st July - Contract under French legislation
- Monthly gross salary from 1805 à 2305 € upon experience
- Per diem and living allowance: 539€ net, field paid
- + 16% of monthly gross salary as reimbursement of retirement insurance for non-French citizen.
- + Child allowance, limited to 5 children
- Coverage of transportation costs to and in the mission.
- Individual room in guesthouse covered
- 100% coverage of medical expenses + repatriation insurance.
- 25 days of paid leaves per year.
- + 20 RnR per year.
- + 215 € at each RnR period (averagely every 3 months
- Coverage of the transportation expenses to the RnR area of reference (Thaliande).
- Free and unlimited access to the certifying e-learning platform Crossknowledge ©.
- Technical trainings at HQ or regional level (averagely 1 per year).
- Intermission Workshop once a year
- Participation to external trainings costs upon eligibility of the request.
- As determined by the Area Co, with technical support from the SSCo represent AAH at the local/regional level to humanitarian and government representatives on related safety and security protocols and needs.
- Collection of information regarding politics and security in all LGAs where AAH is present as well as on safety & security issues concerning AAH.
- Screening of media and preparation of daily reports.
- Liaison with safety and security providers including Government and security forces for updates and safe passage.
- Maintenance of a state-wide network to influential actors and communication of AAHs status and mission in Nigeria.
- Support and advice of programs in the field regarding safety and security information on a daily basis.
- Advise on the content and layout for weekly Situational Reports to Field Coordinators to ensure completion and timely submission.
- Responding to security relevant incidents with information gathering and disseminating information in a timely manner for action by supervisors.
- Assist Area Co in analysis, identification, quantification and, mitigation of assessed risks.
- Ensure good implementation of security rules (security plan, SOP) in the bases and program areas.
- Contribute to the security plan, SOP writing and send incident reports to Area Co, CD and SSCo.
- Development and maintenance of security network (formal/informal) at base levels.
- Closely coordinate with Area Co for any developments on the security situation.
- In coordination with Area Co, brief all staff on security and context changes as needed at base levels.
- Area Coordinator: hierarchical relationship, technical support, exchange of information
- Program Managers: exchange of information, collaboration
- Support Coordinators: exchange of information and collaboration
- Base Log and Admin: exchange of information and collaboration
- State government and non-government partners: exchange of information, coordination, liaison, technical evaluation, support requests
- Local representatives of international aid organizations: exchange of information
- University Degree or equivalent experience in the NGO sector.
- Minimum of three (3) years of progressively responsible experience in the commercial Safety and Security business is required.
- Fluent Speaking/Reading/Writing in English and Hausa languages is required. Language Proficiency will be tested.
- Thorough knowledge of security operations is essential.
- Fluency in English, Hausa and Kanuri language
- Experience in a humanitarian context or NGO context.
- Experience in dealing with Safety & Security threats in a business / non-profit organization
- Radio user.
- Ability to work structured and independently
- Ability to write short coherent reports on topics of security relevance
- Existing network to influential actors in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno state (e.g. on security, political, social, cultural, religious level)
- Expertise on political and security situation in Jigawa, Yobe and Borno stae
- Excellent drafting and writing skills.
- Previous management experience, including management of multiple teams/department
- Basic experience in Nigerian Security Forces (Military and/or Police)
- Previous AAH experience
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts