Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Legal > Legal and Compliance Officer at VFD Group
Legal and Compliance Officer at VFD Group
Jan 6, 2020, 10:50 AM
VFD Group is an alternative financial service holding company that creates value by working within Nigeria's informal financial sector to create innovative products and solutions that are accessible to the everyday Nigerian.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal and Compliance Officer Location: Lagos
Functions & Responsibilities Compliance:
- Prepare a legal and regulatory compliance checklist and check for 100% compliance;
- monitoring changes in relevant legislation and the regulatory environment and taking appropriate action;
- Liaising with external regulators and advisers, such as lawyers and auditors;
- Identify potential areas of compliance vulnerability develop/implement corrective action plan for resolution of problematic issues, and provide general guidance on how to avoid or deal with similar situations in the future.
- Manage interactions/ correspondence with regulators and relevant legal agent
- Ensure that none of the policies and procedures of the Company and its related activities is illegal, unethical, or improper;
- Respond to alleged violations of rules, regulations, policies and procedures by evaluating or recommending the initiation of investigative procedures;
- Offer dispute resolution advice including matters of recovery claims and actions;
- Liaising with external Lawyer representing the Company in any form of dispute;
- Handle all default related litigations
- Drafting and review of contracts, including but not limited to contracts for provision of goods and services; acquisition of goods and services, partnership contracts, etc;
- Ensure legal documentation of transaction executed by the company;
- Ensure appropriate execution and monitor implementation of
- Provide Legal advise on the relevant laws and regulations as it concerns the business of the Company;
- Draft Legal Opinions when requested.
- Ensure effective and efficient filing system
- Ensure proper custody of sensitive documents
- Ensure proper titles and ownership of Group’s assets.
- Ensure zero penalty in regulatory filings, and ensure filings are done on the due date provided there are no operational constraints
- Communication of changes in relevant legislation and actions taken to ensure implementation and compliance within 48 hours of such change.
- Draft and Review contracts/ agreements within 48 hours of request.
- Profer advise within the stipulated timeline.
- Ensure document is released within 10 minutes of request.
- Ensure documents are not released without appropriate authorization.
- Raise a red flag within an hour of detecting unethical, illegal or improper activities.
- Maintain all document/ correspondences in the compliance files.
- Ensure response to correspondence within 24 hours
- Planning and good book keeping skill
- Integrity and Accuracy
- Knowledge of regulations and policies relevant to the company business
- Research and analytical skills
- Good relationship Management skills
- Drafting skills, practical knowledge of contract, analytical skills accuracy and time management skills
- Proactive and analytical skills
- Good relationship management
- Good communication skills.
- In-depth understanding of company internal operations and structure
- Proactive Attitude
- Analytical skills / Problem solving
- Good multitasking capabilities
- Good analytical and problem solving skills
- Proficiency in the use of Microsoft
- Resilience, Tenacity and Integrity,
- Interpersonal skills and ability to work in team
- Communication (oral & written)
- Minimum of a first degree in Law, must have be called to the Nigerian bar.
- Professional Membership
- Must be a member of the Nigerian Bar Association (NBA)
- A recognised professional certification will be an added advantage
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the Job Title as the subject of the mailApplication Deadline 9th January, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts