Legal Officer at an Indigenous Downstream and Upstream Oil and Gas Company
An indeginous company and a major player in downstream and upstream sector is recruiting suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below:
Job Title: Legal Officer
Location: Abuja (FCT)
Employment Type: Full-time
Work Skills Competencies
- Keeping an updated record of Letters /Correspondences across the Company
- Preparing Response to demand notices/ correspondences
- Archiving of records & correspondences
- Maintaining and updating the Contract depository across the Company
- Providing legal opinions across the company on related business matters, HR people related issues, queries from regulatory and statutory bodies as may arise.
Litigations (Initiated against or by the Company):
- Providing legal opinions
- Liaising with external lawyers and reviewing of court (Civil or Criminal) processes/proceedings to ensure it captures company’s intent.
- Adept in preparing of petitions to all law enforcement agencies - (Nigerian Police &EFFC, ICPC, DSS)
- Managing the Debt Recovery portfolio.
Legal Contracts (Drafting and reviewing):
- Service Level Agreements across the Group (vendors, suppliers etc)
- Government Contracts
- International Agreements/ Banking facilities: Mandate letters, Information Memorandum, Term sheets etc
- Upstream Contracts; Farm in Out Agreements, JOAs, PSCs etc
- Ability to spot clauses that are not in favour of the company and advise appropriately.
- Processing contract renewals where applicable.
- Service providers or retainerships
- Non-disclosure and confidentiality Agreements
- Tenancy Agreement
Legal Search and Registration of Tittle Documents:
- Liaising with external lawyers to conduct Legal search on interest properties/lands and generate a legal report to advice the company on findings.
- Preparing deed of assignment, power of attorney and other documentary requires to close sale and interfacing with requisite company units.
POST: Registration and perfection of Tittle
- Liaising with external lawyers to ensure all accurate Supporting documentation are received on any purchase: deed of assignment, power of attorney, letter of indemnity, sales agreement , board resolution (if its company), letter of administration, court affidavit, Valid means of ID, passport photographs, (Where it is a filling station in addition to the above, we require ATC(Approval to construction from DPR) ATO (Approval to operate to change), DPR license (to collect from the person to change).
Statutory Registrations / Fillings:
- Processing of CAC new incorporation registrations, Annual fillings and Board and shareholding changes.
- Any other statutory body as may be assigned from time to time.
- As may be assigned from time to time.
- LLB (Minimum of a Second Class Upper)
- Computer Proficiency (Ability to work well with basic Microsoft programs)
- LLM (Optional)
- NYSC Certificate.
Professional Competencies (Optional):
- Affiliates to reputable Arbitration and Mediation Bodies
- International Related Bodies.
Soft Skills Competencies:
- Ability to learn fast and work smartly
- Work under pressure with minimal supervision
- Result driven and well-focused on assigned tasks
- Pay attention to details
- Time management, and multitasking skills.
- Creative problem-solving ability.
- Good project management skills and work to meet deadlines.
- Must be Male
- Age limit of not more than 28 years old
- Minimum of three (3) years’ work experience in legal background.
- Ability to work for extended hours outside the normal working hours
- Strong people management skills
- Excellent interpersonal and client-facing skills.
- Good written and verbal communication.
- Confidence and great negotiating skills.
- Excellent critical thinking skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV to: [email protected] using "Legal Officer" as the subject of the mail.
Note: Applicants should please include their current salary or salary expectations on the mail
Application Deadline 25th April, 2022.