Logistics Associate at Helen Keller International
Helen Keller International (HKI) - Established in 1915, is an international non-governmental organization (NGO) dedicated to saving the sight and lives of the most vulnerable and disadvantaged. Headquartered in New York City, HKI currently conducts programs in 21 countries in Africa and Asia, as well as in the United States.
HKI implements integrated package of cost-effective interventions that are proven to improve maternal and child nutrition. HKI supports policies and programs on food fortification, vitamin A supplementation, infant and young child feeding, nutrition-sensitive agriculture, community-based management of acute malnutrition and prevention and treatment of neglected tropical diseases. At the core of HKI’s programs is advocacy and social behavior change communication to various stakeholders. HKI also undertakes cutting-edge research to influence policy decisions and inform program quality.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Associate
Reports To: Finance and Admin Officer / HR / Admin Coordinator
- Under the supervision of the Finance and Admin Officer/HR/Admin. Coordinator, the Logistics Associate will support the proper management of health supplies; ensuring timely delivery of sufficient quantities of health commodities to state, LGA, Ward and facility levels.
- He/she works closely with the finance team, Procurement Officer and HR/Admin.
- Coordinator to make logistical arrangements, manages state office assets, coordinate the arrangement of materials and equipment to ensure smooth operations of the State office.
- Arrange for hotel reservations
- Arrange office travels in collaboration with Finance Team
- Provides support to Technical / Program staff in executing programs
- Maintain Helen Keller State assets register/Asset Panda
- Arrange spaces for new employees making sure of availability of desks, chairs etc. i.e. ready for them to use on the start day.
- Coordinate the approved budget for activities making sure that materials, equipment, etc required for the activity are organized and ready for the activity.
- Maintain generator logbook
- Preparation & submission of monthly fuel consumption reports.
- Receives and sends out mails and correspondences
- Properly code and label all office furniture, equipment and non-consumable inventory
- Keep track of location of all equipment and furniture by projects, including transfers between offices/staff by updating the Asset Panda using the asset transfer form.
- Keep all relevant information including, which project the property belongs, price, make, model, location, user, condition, etc.
- Carry out additional tasks, as requested by the Head of Finance and Operations and Country Director.
- Assist in organizing for the dispatch of goods and equipment whenever required
- Ensure the proper filing of procurement Purchase Requisition Form (PRF)
- Maintain vehicle Log book control and filing
- Office Maintenance follow up
- Purchase of office and program consumables in collaboration with the Procurement Officer
- Prepares/Signs Good Received Note (GRN)
- Receives and Issues inventory/materials
- Maintains office supplies inventory log book/card
- Official physical inventory count
- University Degree in Business Management or accounting. Postgraduate degree in related field preferred.
- Strong numeric skills and attention to detail and quality
- Advanced written and verbal proficiency in English including business terminology.
- Excellent communication, interpersonal and organizational skills
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment while maintaining an individual workload
- Logical and flexible approach to solving problems, especially when working under pressure
- Monitoring/assessing performance to make improvements or take corrective action.
- Minimum of 2 years’ experience in a similar position
- Ability to work independently and take initiative
- Experience with GiveWell / USAID / DFID or other donor funded project
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should forward their CV to: [email protected] using the Job Title as the subject of the email.
- Applications will be accepted until the position is filled.
- In the spirit of our founder and namesake, Helen Keller is dedicated to building an inclusive workforce where diversity is fully valued.
- We are an Equal Opportunity Employer where all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, or protected veteran status.
- We are committed to providing reasonable accommodation to individuals with disabilities. If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need to request an accommodation during the application or interview process, please contact us at the email above
Application Deadline 21st January, 2022.