Logistics Officer at Nutri K Limited
Nutri K Limited is a subsidiary of Nutriset Group which was established to provide technical support in the specialized manufacturing, commercialization and distribution process of ready to-use food for the treatment and prevention of malnutrition in Nigeria. With a population of nearly 180 million people, Nigeria is the biggest economy in Africa. However, every year, over 500.000 children under the age of five years old die from malnutrition. About 1.7million of Nigerian children suffer from severe acute malnutrition, and close to a third of the 10 million under 5 age children suffer from chronic malnutrition; NUTRIK LTD is dedicated to the fight against malnutrition in Nigeria.
The company specialized in manufacturing nutritional food used for the care of children affected by malnutrition.
NUTRIK supplies humanitarian and health programmes with high quality ready-to-use-therapeutic and supplementary food (RUTF, RUSF), as well as lipid-based nutrient supplements (LNS).
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Officer
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract Duration: Permanent Contract
- Nutri K is now looking for Logistics Officer for its production department to carry out its activities in Kano.
- The key role of Logistics Officer: Specialist shall be responsible for the storage, distribution, inventory management and records maintenance of items in the warehouse. Logistics and supply are important components of supply-chain management, which emphasizes the essence of receipt and proper storage of raw materials and finished goods, managing orders, shipments, clearance and custom formalities, local transport etc.
Responsibilities and Tasks
- Assesses and organizes logistics in terms of transport requirements, receipt, handling, storage and distribution of items and establishes proper warehousing and recording systems.
- Place international procurement orders and follow up delivery schedule.
- Execute logistics plan to move products and packages to reach destinations on schedule.
- Implement training plan.
- Supervise local purchases.
- Maintain petty cash organize payments upon approval.
- Supervise warehousing and inventory.
- Maintain records according to a filing system.
- Manages proper and accurate documentation for international and local orders.
- Relate with bank for the processing of Form M, PAAR and other requirements for import.
- Prepare for receipt of international shipments, and liaises with clearance agents.
- Organize transportation activities, including storage of goods, managing information accrued from point of origin to delivery, orchestrating transportation movements, and arranging for services as necessary.
- Follow up purchase contracts.
- Perform other related duties as assigned
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or any other related field.
- 4 - 10 years experience in a relevant field, previous experience in food industry plant experience is a plus
Other Required Skills:
- Ability to lead, train and mentor employees.
- Communication skills.
- Reporting Skills.
- Team working skills
- Experience with MS Office.
- Experience with ERP programs.
- Problem-solving skills.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only candidates who meet the selection criteria will be contacted.
- This position is open to Nigerian nationals only.
- Due to the urgency to fill the post, recruitment will be done on the rolling basis and Nutri K reserves the right to recruit before the deadline
Application Deadline 4th October, 2021.