Logistics Supervisor (Cross River) at Médecins Sans Frontières
Médecins Sans Frontières is a private, non-profit international humanitarian organization dedicated to providing medical assistance to populations in crisis, without discrimination and regardless of race, religion, gender, creed or political affiliation.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Logistics Supervisor
Location: Calabar, Cross River
Employment Type: Full-time
Contract: Fixed Term Contract
Working Hours: According to Nigerian Law
Accountabilities / Responsibilities (non-exhaustive list):
- Support the project in establishing the office/guesthouse: identification, renovation et equipping of premises.
- Liaise with Logistics Manager to identify suppliers, contractors and analyze quotations for maintenance work in the premises and facilities.
- Ensuring the vehicle fleet maintenance which includes planning and overseeing timely preventive and curative maintenance of all project vehicles according to MSF standards and Instructing and monitoring drivers on correct driving habits and standard checks
- Managing and following up orders which includes collecting logistics orders coming from different departments or health facilities; drawing up and following up orders according to the procedures in force; providing technical support to the storekeeper, and ensures reception conditions of freight or arriving material as well as the organization and setting up of materials before its shipment
- Reporting: Prepare and submit monthly logistics activity report bearing all the annexes (fuel con-sumption, maintenance, supply data, etc
- Work closely with the Logistics Manager in all construction and rehabilitation activities in Calabar/Akor or any other locations where operation fields are. Capacity to go to field location to give logistics support to medical facilities (health centers).
- Supervising the daily logistics activities and providing maintenance to the MSF equipment, facilities and infrastructures, according to MSF standards and protocols in order to maintain the facilities in perfect conditions and collaborate in the development of the mission.
- Ensuring the check and follow-up of facilities under the line manager's supervision through daily visits to the facilities and reporting any anomalies or problems, evaluation of the rehabilitation needs and following up minor building rehabilitation work according to supervisor's instructions; checking that premises observe security norms and monitoring the consumption of mechanical and electrical vehicles/machines/devices
- Planning together with the line manager the required checks and maintenance activities of energy systems/set-up according to MSF standards
- Coordinating and leading the logistics team under his/her responsibility which includes daily supervision, monitoring of the quality of work and the definition of each person's task, drawing up their working schedules; organizing and leading team meetings; participating in the recruitment of team personnel and attending logistics meetings and accounting for his activities.
Required Skills and Conditions
- Education: Essential University Education and formal technical training (Construction, Electricity, Mechanics)
- Experience: Essential 2 years of previous experience in similar position. Having worked in MSF or other NGO’s and in developing countries is desirable.
- Languages: English required additional local languages desirable.
- Computer Literacy: Excel and Word required.
- Competencies and Qualities: Commitment, Flexibility, Stress Management, Results, Teamwork, Service.
- According to the MSF salary scale and 13th month allowance equivalent to 1 month of gross salary.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should submit their Updated CV, Copies of all certificates and diplomas, Valid Practicing Licence, Work Certificates and Cover Letter with contact details and ID to: [email protected] using “Logistics Supervisor - Calabar” as the subject of the email.
Click here to fill the Application Form
Application Deadline 25th April, 2022.
- Non-Compliant Or Late Applications will not be considered
- Only successful Applicants will be called for written test and interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favours in kind, nor other types of favouritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- MSF is an equal opportunity employer, both men and women are encouraged to apply.
- MSF reserves the right to refuse hiring of a candidate having benefitted from such acts. All illicit demands of these types may be pursued through the judicial system.