Maintenance Manager at Releaf
Releaf invents both financial and food processing technology to increase smallholder harvest yields and create high-quality raw material supply chains for African Consumer Brands, starting in the $3B Nigerian vegetable oil market. We believe this layer of the economy is underdeveloped, valuable, and possible to scale quickly in. Our first patented technology is Kraken, Africa’s first industrial oil palm (nut) processor compatible with small holder varieties.
We aggregate small holder crops, process them with Kraken and sell high-quality vegetable oil to consumer Brands. 80% of oil palm supply comes from smallholders and Kraken can process 500 metric tons weekly. Releaf is led by Ikenna Nzewi and Uzo Ayogu, who have been friends and co-founders since college at Yale and Duke. Releaf is backed by Y Combinator, Kepple Africa, Bill Gates' Breakthrough Energy, and Samurai Incubate, amongst numerous HNIs including Justin Kan, Stephen Pagliuca, Iyin Aboyeji, and Jeff Ubben.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Maintenance Manager
Location: Uyo, Akwa Ibom
Employment Type: Full-time
- The Maintenance Manager will be responsible to develop, implement, oversee and coordinate preventive and predictive maintenance activities of all machineries, equipment, etc. at the plant for smooth running of the production activities to meet business goals at Releaf.
- Manage and control a maintenance master plan and schedule in cooperation with the VP, Manufacturing
- Lead all mechanical and electrical maintenance activities at the plant site including safety, costs, environmental aspects and equipment availability
- Ensure high standards in the provision of maintenance services in alignment with best maintenance practices
- Coordinate and analyze root cause analyses of equipment failure
- Coordinate with the other operation teams for smooth functioning of the maintenance department to achieve a high customer satisfaction
- In charge for the achievement of key performance indicators in the field of maintenance, plant availability, maintenance and inventory costs related, agreed targets for the overall plant’s performance
- Guide maintenance staff by setting clear performance objectives, providing regular feedback and providing development through training.
- Train and develop the maintenance staff to provide specific plant knowledge
- Ensure optimal availability and maintenance of all equipment for achieving the plant’s production targets
- Control the necessary purchasing requisitions for spare parts
- Manage the necessary materials and services for plant development related to maintenance activities
- Prepare and control maintenance budgets and actual costs
- Participate in all CAPEX related meetings to provide inputs to the development of plant’s performance
- Minimum of HND / B.Sc in Mechanical, Industrial or Electrical Engineering or a similar field.
- 5+ years of experience as a Maintenance Manager or a similar position in a Manufacturing/FMCG organisation.
- Strong communication and negotiation skills.
- Good analytical and strategic thinking skills.
- Supervisory and management experience.
- Attention to detail is essential
- Sound Project Management skills
- Excellent analytical, problem solving and organizational skills
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 11th April, 2022.