Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) Job Recruitment
Mar 6, 2020, 11:04 PM
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the positions below: Job Title: Strategic Information Advisor - National Malaria Data Repository Job ID: 13-10990 Location: Abuja Grade: I Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group) Dept / Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group Project / Program: A576 - PMI - S Reports To: Project Director, PMI-S.
- MSH seeks to recruit a Strategic Information Advisor - NMDR with excellent understanding and experience of data management systems in Nigeria.
- The position will be responsible for providing technical assistance to both NMEP and SMEP on managing the National Malaria Data Repository, analysis of malaria data, and promoting use of data and information for decision making.
- The US President’s Malaria Initiative for States (PMI-S) is a 5-year USAID funded project managed by Management Sciences for Health (MSH) and partners to support NMEP and selected states to deliver quality malaria services.
- Create customized dashboards on the NMDR platform that allows for greater user interactivity.
- Set up of automated routine extraction of selected data from partners who are already routinely collecting and storing malaria service delivery data in web-based databases.
- Develop additional cleaning modules as agreed upon with the SME key stakeholders. Modules to conduct analyses will be developed in the repository to enable a scheduled automated and dynamic analysis. Dashboard designs will be developed to accommodate web-based triggers and filters to drill down facilities based on established rules.
- Support integration of malaria DQA, support supervision, training and any relevant reports into the NMDR where feasible.
- Develop and implement a detailed plan for including non-routine data in the NMDR.
- Build capacity of government entities (NMEP, SMEP and others), and selected stakeholders on NMDR analytics including required reporting:
- Provide TA to NMEP on the use of NMDR including data analysis and visualization.
- Document lessons learned from use of the NMDR.
- Mentor NMEP and SMEP to manage the National Malaria Data Repository (NMDR) where NHMIS, NHLMIS, surveillance and survey data, and other datasets are analyzed and reported visually to aid decision making.
- Provide TA to NMEP and SMEP on using NHMIS and NHLMIS analytics to strengthen rational use of ACTs.
- Develop technical products (highlights, briefs, success stories, abstracts, presentations, papers, etc).
- Lead GIS mapping of PMI-S-supported interventions and reporting.
- Support processes to link the M-DIVE and the NMDR in collaboration with PMI / Nigeria.
- Contribute to implementation of the PMI-S project activities and reporting as assigned by the supervisor.
- Lead the process of updating malaria bulletin with all malaria relevant pieces and data with approval by the project steering committee.
- Create and share dashboards that covers key malaria areas with drill down function for analysis and quicker decision making with approval from steering committee.
- Integrate NHLMIS data into NMDR.
- Integrate data quality activities like DQA and reports into the NMDR.
- Ensure integration of supportive supervision data into NMDR latest six months after resumption.
- Detailed plan for all non-routine data and data sources to be included in NMDR e.g. supportive supervision and DQA data.
- Develop an abstract in conjunction with NMEP on “the use of NMDR as a decision support tool in Nigeria” drafted, reviewed by MSH and submitted to a conference.
- Support the development of a repository that seamlessly links to the national DHIS 2 database and at scheduled intervals extracts selected malaria related data elements for additional cleaning and use within the repository:
- Support the revamping of NMDR database structure to include only Malaria indicators and ensure improvement in the performance of the platform.
- Support the creation of an interoperability layer between selected electronic platforms.
- Support data reporting to the USAID web-based implementing partner reporting system.
- Support the administration and management of the NMDR database.
- Demonstrated experience in engaging and networking with stakeholders to achieve common results.
- Capacity in GIS mapping and ability to use analytical software is required.
- Demonstrated strategic agility, diplomacy, conflict management, team building, and negotiation skills; experience leading teams, proactivity and ability to make timely effective decisions.
- Must possess excellent management, documentation, presentation, and written communication skills.
- A minimum of a Bachelors’ degree in Computer Science, Mathematics, Statistics or other relevant field.
- At least 7 years of relevant work experience in electronic database management systems to aid monitoring and evaluation of public health programs. Practical experience working with DHIS2 at the developer level is required. Detailed understanding of cloud hosting service, secure socket layer, data backup and recovery will be an added advantage.
- Experience developing national data repositories in any health-related field is required.
- Experience working with the NMEP and / or SMEPs, and familiarity with the structure, systems and policies of the health sector in Nigeria is a must.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 9th March, 2020.
Job Title: Technical Officer Job ID: 13-10991 Location: Kwara Grade: G Group / Office: PDG (Program Delivery Group) Dept / Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group Project / Program: A559 - Nigeria GF Malaria
- The Technical Officer (TO) position is designed to work in close collaboration with the Senior Technical Manager, project staff, and project partners in ensuring the delivery of quality case management interventions in public and private health facilities.
- S/he will provide technical support to state malaria programmes in all aspects of direct implementation of program activities as various service delivery points at state and LGA levels to meet up with the technical demands of the grant.
- The TO will support planning for state level training, quarterly on-site supervision visits and roll-out activities of the implementation plan to strengthen MAL-RMNCAH integration at service delivery points.
- S / He will be responsible for tracking of case management activities at state level and any other duties assigned by the supervisor.
- The Technical Officer provides technical support to the State Malaria Elimination Programs and LGAs for the achievement of objectives set forth in the Global Fund Malaria Grant, which support the National Malaria Control Strategy.
- Work in close collaboration with MSH state-based specialists (M&E and SCMS) to support the SMEP / SMOH in the implementation of all case management activities, in line with grant targets and deliverables by ensuring adherence to national strategies and guidelines for malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment.
- Work with States and LGAs in planning and coordinating training for health workers, On-the-job Training and Supportive Supervision (OTSS) and MAL-RMNCAH roll-out activities.
- Support the State MoH to implement activities for improving Intermittent Preventive Therapy for pregnant women (IPTp) and routine LLIN distribution in pregnant women and children under-5 years
- Support capacity building of the State MoH personnel on malaria technical areas
- Preparation and submission of project malaria technical activity reports to Senior Technical Manager
- Represent MSH on malaria Technical Working Groups (TWGs) and other relevant health coordinating committees at state level
- Contribute to quarterly lessons identification and learning documentation and dissemination.
- Preparation and submission of project service delivery activity reports to Senior Technical Manager
- Document evidence and best practices that are related to the programme
- M.D / MBBS required with some field experience in clinical and / or community-based malaria prevention, diagnosis and treatment OR a graduate degree in health management or public health. Specialized experience in malaria is highly preferred
- At least 3 years of post NYSC relevant experience in public health. Any experience in malaria programming will be an added advantage. Some health-related community development experience is required.
- Experience in malaria programming at the field level and providing technical assistance to partner organizations; knowledge and experience of programmatic and technical service delivery challenges is highly desired.
- Ability to work both in a team and independently and ability to transfer knowledge through formal and informal training.
- Experience with, and a demonstrated commitment to, community-based approach to development.
- Experience with GF donor funding requirement a plus.
- Capacity to prepare evidence-based reports and documents.
- Strong professional oral and writing skills, including the development of reports, oral presentations, and technical documents.
- Ability to interface with multiple stakeholders, representatives, and partners in a professional manner on an ongoing basis.
- Previous experience with or good knowledge of Global Fund operating procedures
- Ability to work effectively in a team environment and communicate information to both health and non-health audiences, and achieve consensus on policy, project, research, and administrative matters
- Good verbal communication skills, tact and diplomacy are required to establish and develop sustainable working relationships at the highest level and a high level of trust with public / private organizations. Verbal communication skills are also used to negotiate activity plans and resolve activity implementation issues with counterparts, partners and team members. Excellent written communication skills are required to prepare regular and ad hoc reports, activity documentation and briefing papers.
- Excellent computer skills (MS Word, Excel and Power Point) are required for effectively operating in this position. Good computer skills are required to implement, analyze, and monitor, and manage activity goals, inputs, outcomes, and achievements
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to applyApplication Deadline 13th March, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts