Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Management Sciences for Health (MSH) recruitment for a Graduate Finance and Admin. Intern
Management Sciences for Health (MSH) recruitment for a Graduate Finance and Admin. Intern
Mar 26, 2020, 12:01 AM
The Management Sciences for Health (MSH), a global health nonprofit organization, uses proven approaches developed over 40 years to help leaders, health managers, and communities in developing nations build stronger health systems for greater health impact. We work to save lives by closing the gap between knowledge and action in public health.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Finance and Admin. Intern Reference No.: 13-11021 Locations: Gombe, Niger, Jigawa, Kano, Kaduna and Yobe Reports To: Finance and Admin. Manager Grade: Intern Project/Program: A559 - Nigeria GF Malaria Dept/Unit: PDGGEN - Program Delivery Group
- The Finance & Admin Intern will assist in providing Finance & logistical support and coordinating programmatic information for the Global Fund Malaria project activities.
- S/he will assist the Finance & Admin team in ensuring that any money expended in the field is done in accordance with Generally Accepted Accounting Principles, MSH policy, and any cost principles imposed by the donor agency.
- The Intern is aware of, and adheres to, MSH’s procurement integrity standards in all activities.
- Prepare payment vouchers
- Process payment of expenses, including per diem, DSA and transport to participants during activities in the field
- Prepare deposit slips for cash to be deposited into the bank account.
- Maintain accounting files
- Manage the Asset and inventory data base in the field office
- Support logistic for travels and activities
- Assist in periodic verification of physical inventory
- Prepare monthly Finance and Admin reports.
- Receipt of orders into the store
- Post Internal Requisitions Delivery Notes (DN)
- Assist in receiving items from vendors and update stock cards where applicable
- S/he also support services such as spiral binding and photocopying
- Ensure the office facility is properly maintained for good work environment
- Track and following up on outstanding advances and ensure timely reconciliation.
- Assist in gathering/photocopying of documentations for monthly payment to volunteers
- Assist in providing support during seminars, workshops, etc.
- Assist in checking and filling stores requisition
- Assist in ensuring routine servicing of equipment as and when due and keeping maintenance log
- Manage remittances of statutory checks to Banks/Statutory Authority (PAYE & WHT).
- Any other financial and Admin duties as assigned by the supervisor
- University Degree in Accounting or Higher National Degree (HND) in Finance/Accounting
- Minimum of 1 year experience in finance and Admin position
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office programs, especially Excel spreadsheets, or comparable software and basic accounting software (i.e. QuickBooks)
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should: Click here to apply Note: Kindly indicate you state of choice on your CVApplication Deadline 1st April, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts