Manager, Customer Engagement at Husk Power Energy Systems Nigeria Limited
Husk Power Systems ("Husk") is an award-winning clean energy company serving rural India and Sub-Saharan Africa. In 2023, it was named “World’s Best Challenger Brand” in the energy industry and is a 3-time Global Cleantech 100 company. The company’s AI-powered rural energy platform provides 24/7 renewable power to rural households, commercial customers, institutions, and small factories.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Customer Engagement
Employment Type: Full-time
Reports to: Country Director
Division / Function: Customer Engagement
- We are seeking a Customer Engagement Manager, who will be responsible for developing and implementing strategies to enhance Husk’s customer satisfaction, loyalty, and retention.
- The individual will oversee the customer engagement function and work collaboratively with cross-functional teams to drive customer-centric initiatives.
- Your goal will be to optimize customer experiences at every touchpoint and foster long-term relationships with our customers.
- This role involves developing strategies, extensive data gathering and analysis, setting goals, implementing CRM software, and creating benchmarks to ensure efficient operations and optimize customer experiences.
- This position provides the opportunity to join a growing team that is changing the face of rural electrification in Nigeria and India.
- The ideal candidate should have a positive attitude, be a team player, believe in Husk’s values, have an inherent curiosity to find creative solutions for problem-solving, and have an appetite for growth.
- Lead Husk’s “Customer First” agenda to ensure focus on customer service in every aspect of operations.
- Be the Customer Champion to address and resolve all customer queries and issues through extensive cross-functional coordination.
- Lead projects to set processes to resolve typical and atypical customer issues, with benchmarked guidelines, SLAs, and accountability and escalation metrics.
- Drive a project to identify, finalize, implement, and maintain the correct CRM solutions for Husk’s requirements.
- Closely align with multiple business verticals on their customer touchpoints in line with the business’ customer service goals
- Develop and execute customer relations strategies, policies, and procedures to ensure exceptional customer experiences throughout the customer journey.
- Lead and manage a team of customer relations professionals, providing guidance, coaching, and support to achieve departmental goals.
- Own all channels and third-party relationships for customer communication across the on-ground and digital universe.
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams from multiple businesses, including sales, marketing, collections, and O&M to align customer relations efforts with overall business objectives.
- Implement effective customer segmentation strategies and develop personalized communication plans to engage customers and drive loyalty.
- Monitor customer satisfaction metrics and KPIs, regularly reporting on performance and making recommendations for improvement.
- Foster strong relationships with key customers, conducting regular business reviews and seeking opportunities for upselling or cross-selling.
- Establish and maintain a customer-centric culture within the organization, promoting a customer-first mindset across all departments.
- Bring knowledge & insights and develop customer service KPIs in line with the top global customer practices.
- Build and maintain dashboards by using various tools to accurately capture customer satisfaction levels.
- Implement benchmarks such as NPS, CSAT, and CES to regularly assess Husk’s performance in terms of customer relationships and drive strategies to continuously improve scores across businesses.
- Champion CE as a key touchpoint of our end-to-end customer experience and a significant drivers of customer retention.
- Champion customer data management and insights generation processes. Bring precision and intense discipline to customer data handling.
- Analyze customer data and feedback to generate actionable insights and recommendations for enhancing customer experiences.
Required Skills & Attributes:
- Bachelor's / Master’s Degree (in Business Administration in Mass Communication, Public Relations, or a related field).
- 5-8 years of experience in customer relations management, and customer engagement including customer service across product and service organizations.
- Strong problem-solving and conflict-resolution skills, with the ability to handle complex customer issues and complaints effectively.
- Proven ability to manage multiple tasks and priorities in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment.
- Required to manage customer engagement function to ensure 24/7 availability.
- Fluency in Hausa and English is required.
- In-depth knowledge of customer relations/engagement best practices, methodologies, and technologies, with experience in implementing customer-centric strategies.
- Experience in implementing and regularly using data processing, dashboarding, and CRM tools.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills, with the ability to build strong relationships with customers and stakeholders at all levels.
- Strong leadership skills, with the ability to motivate and inspire a team to achieve departmental goals and deliver outstanding results.
- Analytical mindset with the ability to leverage data and insights to drive decision-making and customer-focused initiatives.
NGN300,000 to NGN500,000, based on experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Note: Women candidates are encouraged to apply.
- This description indicates the general nature and level of the qualifications and duties required of employees in this job classification, as well as the essential functions a person must be able to perform to do this job. It is not designed to be a comprehensive inventory of all duties and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job.
- Husk Power Systems and its subsidiaries are equal-opportunity employers and make employment decisions on the basis of merit and business need. We hire without consideration of race, colour, religion, citizenship, political activity or affiliation, marital status, age, national origin, ancestry, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, sex or gender, or any other basis protected by law.