MEAL Assistant at Danish Refugee Council (DRC)
Jan 15, 2021, 8:50 PM
Danish Refugee Council (DRC) is a Danish international non-governmental organisation, which promotes and supports durable solutions to the problems faced by refugees and internally displaced people all over the world. DRC is present in more than 30 conflict territories around the world assisting displaced people with shelter, food, income generating activities, and wide range of other assistance. It is of utmost importance for DRC to work in compliance with the DRC Accountability and Quality Management system and national legislations. Smooth, reliable and effective operational systems are preconditions for DRC to maintain its position as a trustworthy and reliable partner for our donors and an accountable organisation towards our beneficiaries.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MEAL Assistant
Contract type: National Contract
- DRC has been operating in the West Africa region for over 15 years, running a combination of emergency, livelihood, protection and advocacy programmes through Country Offices (COs) Guinea, Liberia, Ivory Coast, Mali, Burkina Faso, Niger, Nigeria and a Regional Office (RO) in Abidjan. DRC has 17 offices and more than 500 staff members across the WA region.
- DRC started operating in Nigeria in 2015 where plans to run a combination of emergency, livelihood, WASH, protection and advocacy programmes has been set. DRC currently has offices in Abuja, Yola, Mubi, Maiduguri and Yobe.
Overall Purpose of the Role
- The position is to assist the MEAL Officer in project monitoring, data collection, analysis and report writing.
Responsibilities (in bullet points)
General Programming & Operations:
- Plan and ensure effective programs data capturing.
- Timely collation and production of beneficiary list on monthly basis.
- Strengthen beneficiaries’ verification and validation process during data collection, registration and distribution in a timely manner.
- Responsible for data storage and ensure proper data archiving of all reports regarding project activities.
- Maintain all documents relating to the programs activities and sends accurate report of programs activities to his/her supervisor.
- Ensures safety and security of all DRC information during program implementation (Data protection).
- Carry out other duties and responsibilities as required or requested
Education: (include certificates, licenses etc.):
- Degree or equivalent in a relevant field.
Experience and technical competencies: (include years of experience):
- 1-2 Years’ experience in project monitoring and data collection
- Computer skills, especially in Word, PowerPoint, Outlook, and Excel
- IT literate
- Experience in Electronic Data Collection.
- Previous experience in data collection and analysis.
Languages: (indicate fluency level):
- Fluency in written and spoken English. Fluency in Hausa and other local spoken languages.
- Availability: ASAP
- Salary and conditions: In accordance with Danish Refugee Council’s Terms of Employment;
- The income will be subject to statutory deductions as per applicable Nigeria laws. The employee is responsible for the tax returns.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Important Information / Notice
- CV and Cover Letter indicating and explaining the suitability to the position applied.
- Provide contact details (name, position, email address and tel. no.) of 3 professional non-related references, whereas 1 must be for the latest employer. Please do not attach any written recommendations.
- Applications should be addressed to: “Recruitment Manager”.
- Applications can be sent through email to email@example.com Please note: The position title must be written in the subject line of the email otherwise not considered.
- Only motivated applications that address the stipulated duties and meet the required qualifications, sent together with a CV, will be considered. CV-only applications will not be considered.
- Applications sent/received after the deadline will not be considered.
- Due to the urgency of the position, applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis and the post may be filled before the deadline.
- Only short-listed applicants will be invited for written test and oral interview.
- NB: DRC Nigeria does not charge any fees for recruitment and does not use any employment mediator.
- The position is for Nigerian Nationals Only
Application Deadline 21st January, 2021.