Mechanical Engineer - Gas at Cummins Nigeria
Cummins Inc. a global power leader, is a fortune 500 corporation of complementary business units that design, manufacture, distribute and service engines and related technologies, including fuel systems, controls, air handling, filtration, emission solutions and electrical power generation systems.
By working to coordinate the production, shipment, and delivery of the goods & Customer Service Support required to meet their business needs, Cummins Inc. has been able to more easily meet the demands of their customers.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Mechanical Engineer - Gas
Req ID: 210005V1
Location: Lagos Island, Lagos
Job Type: Experienced - Exempt / Office
Recruitment Job Type Exempt: Experienced
- We are looking for an enthusiastic Mechanical Engineer - Gas to join our team specializing in Service for our Distribution Business Segment in Lagos-Island, Lagos Nigeria.
In this role, you will make an impact in the following ways:
- Guiding, participating and overseeing the preparation of AutoCAD drawings for Combined Heat and Power (CHP) plants using Cummins Gas Generators and Waste Heat Recovery equipment from external OEMs
- Being the key resource for CHP projects design and equipment selection
- Reduce time and cost spent in outsourcing design works
- Improve efficiency in tendering process by reducing the time required for concept layouts
- Contribute to project delivery efficiency by reducing the time needed from getting customer orders to detailed engineering BoQs.
- Enhance overall power plant projects design capability
- Providing system integration using various OEM equipment
To be successful in this role you will need the following:
- Clarity of engineering fundamentals of fluid flow, piping design, heat exchangers, waste heat recovery boilers, vacuum absorption chillers, cooling towers and pumps
- Ability to interpret and prepare plant layouts, heat and mass balance diagrams, P&IDs
- Team player skills
- Good written and verbal communication skills to prepare and present engineering design documents and requirements.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply