Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Media & Communications Officer at Skills Outside School Foundation
Media & Communications Officer at Skills Outside School Foundation
Jul 31, 2020, 8:49 PM
Skills Outside School Foundation is a not-for-profit organisation registered as in IT (70340) in June 2014 at the Corporate Affairs Commission, Nigeria and a Company Limited by Guarantee (09365183) at the Companies House, UK.
We are recruiting to fill the position of:
Job Title: Media & Communications Officer Location: Abuja
Roles and Responsibilities
- The role presents a unique opportunity to portray the foundation’s work and create robust visibility for the foundation through social media and other relevant platforms.
- The officer will be in charge of day-to-day communication with the Foundations’ existing partners to ensure that wider benefits are secured and long term goals are achieved and reported to the board.
- Develop and Manage the Foundation’s Media, PR and Communications Strategy.
- Monitor graphic standards for logo usage, promotional restrictions and partner recognition program to ensure what partners offer are proportionate to benefits delivered whilst liaising with the media and PR team.
- Updating and monitoring engagements on the foundations social media platforms
- Finding and developing relevant content of interest to our audience
- Tracking traffic to social media platforms and sending reports to the board on a monthly basis
- Uploading videos, photo albums, etc.
- Finding users to follow/friend/like our business
- Writing and posting blog posts/tweets/updates
- Tracking the growth and the impact of social media on our organization
- Replying to comments, messages, etc.
- Developing interactive and innovative online campaigns, contests and competitions
- Archiving social media content and press releases
- Developing video podcasts with key research information and data for the website
- Create and maintain a content editorial calendar
- Writing press releases for publishing in newspapers and online blogs/websites
- Securing radio stations to advertise the foundations’ activities
- Designing and updating email newsletters sent to members and other stakeholders
- Research on education, employability, unemployment, entrepreneurship and relevant legislation for updates to the foundations resource section and podcasts
- Liaising with the Policy and Research Team to gain relevant content for our media platforms
- President of the Executive Council
- A university degree in public relations, languages, English, communications, business administration, business management or a related field of study
- Knowledge of photography will be an added advantage.
- Proficiency in MS Office applications (Outlook, Word, Excel and PowerPoint)
- Proficiency in cloud software applications (Skydrive, DropBox, Google Docs)
- 1-2-year experience in media and communication
- Excellent communication skills including excellent skills in social media platform usage
- Demonstrated knowledge of trends in media and communication space
- Must be very well organized with knowledge of colour theory.
- Big picture strategist and outside of the box creativity.
- Ability to proactively take actions necessary to produce results and work independently/with little guidance.
- Detail-oriented and self-motivated, ensuring quality and consistent output.
How to Apply Interested and qualified candidates should send a letter of motivation and CV in a single attachment to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the emailApplication Deadline 3rd August, 2020.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts