Media & External Relations Manager at First Bank of Nigeria Limited
Apr 8, 2020, 8:56 PM
First Bank of Nigeria Limited (FirstBank) is Nigeria's largest financial services institution by total assets and gross earnings. With more than 10 million customer accounts, FirstBank has over 750 branches providing a comprehensive range of retail and corporate financial services. The Bank has international presence through its subsidiaries, FBN Bank (UK) Limited in London and Paris, FBNBank DRC, FBNBank Ghana, FBNBank Gambia, FBNBank Guinea, FBNBank Sierra-Leone and FBNBank Senegal, as well as its Representative Offices in Johannesburg, Beijing and Abu Dhabi.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Manager, Media & External Relations
Ref No: 20000031
Organization: MD/CE Directorate
Job Type: Full-time
Grade Range - From: Assistant Manager Grade Range - To: Manager
- Support the Head, CRS, Media & External Relations (Unit head) to deliver corporate, financial and organisational PR activities across the Group businesses to positively enhance its reputation.
- Support the Unit head to drive business goals by managing media & external stakeholder relationships as well as implementing crisis communications based on a comprehensive understanding of all media platforms/channels, including digital and social media.
Duties & Responsibilities
- Media planning and guidance across the group to drive PR optimisation of events and activities
- Development of press releases to meet the Group’s business goals
- Dissemination of Press Release and photo stories across the media to generate publicity and positioning of the brand.
- Review of Press Releases, features and other communiques across the group
- Support the Unit head in building and managing media and external stakeholder relations to build local and international brand equity to influence products and services trial and consideration through engagement and editorial pitching relationships.
- Facilitate media briefings and media responses; scheduling interviews and appearance across all media channels for profiling and brand positioning.
- Feature articles commissioning to the media to drive Top of Mind Awareness of the brand through brand positioning as a clear leader in various products and services
- Coordinating media participation in event, publishing of post event reports and news stories to generate awareness, thus building brand positioning
- Daily News Report to management
- News monitoring and tracking across the print and electronic media
- Payment processing to partners and stakeholders
- Support the team in implementing crisis management initiatives to mitigate against reputational risks and build positive PR capital
- Track and measure ROI on media coverage and mentions of major campaigns along the lines of strategic business imperatives and objectives
- Conduct media monitoring and analysis across news and PR channels for Banks and Holdco along the lines of agreed metrics.
- News pitching of Financial Statement for use and dissemination across the media (print and electronic)
- Proposal review and analysis to identify opportunities that promote brand image building and strengthened relationship with the media
- Minimum Education: First degree in Mass Communication, Marketing or related discipline; Legal background is an added advantage
- Minimum 12-15 years significant work experience to include a senior level at agency; Banking; Telecommunications sectors.
Professional membership of at least 2 (local and foreign) of the following
- Advertisers Practitioners Council of Nigeria (APCON),
- Nigeria Institute of Marketing (NIM);
- Nigeria Institute of Public Relations (NIPR)
- Chattered Institute of Marketing (CIM)UK
- Chattered Institute of Public Relations UK
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply