Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > NGO / Humanitarian > Midwife Assistant Job Vacancy at the Alliance for International Medical Action, 22nd February, 2019
Midwife Assistant Job Vacancy at the Alliance for International Medical Action, 22nd February, 2019
Feb 22, 2019, 10:19 AM
The Alliance for International Medical Action (ALIMA) is an independent humanitarian medical NGO that was created in 2009 by professionals of humanitarian medicine. ALIMA’s mission is to provide medical care in emergency situations or medical catastrophes. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Midwife Assistant Location: Monguno, Borno Level: 3 Line Manager: Midwife Report to (functional): Midwife Supervisor Slot: 17 Openings Main Purpose
- Assist the midwife during labour and all sexual and reproductive health activities, according to his/her instructions and ALIMA protocols, in order to ensure hygiene, care and comfort of all patients.
- Improve the medical supply in the project
- Guarantee patient safety by complying with the protocol and the Rational drug use
- Accompany the medical team in the good pharmacy practice
- Ensure the capitalization of the pharmacy activity (indicators)
- Ensure comfort of bed-ridden patients: washing, installation for eating meals, changing position, etc.
- Refer to the midwife in case of any abnormal change in patient’s health status and other problems occurring.
- Ensure good transfer and transport of patients between the different services and departments.
- Transport samples to the laboratory and collect the results.
- Assist the midwife during delivery and antenatal; postnatal and family planning consultations, in order to receive and install the patient, providing them the information required, helping in taking, monitoring and interpreting the parameters, etc.
- Follow hygiene and safety protocols at all times, during delivery, consultations, etc., ensuring the cleanliness and tidiness of all facilities, material, linen, equipment, and carrying out the sorting and waste disposal.
- Direct patients and their relatives throughout their stay.
- Provide health education sessions, according to needs.
- Secondary school level is a MUST, any other related training in health is an added advantage.
- At least 6 year in a similar position/setting
- ENGLISH is a MUST and local language would be an asset.
- Good MS Office skills (Word, Excel).
- Flexibility, commitment, team work
- The responsibilities mentioned above are not exhaustive and other work can be required according to the needs of the mission.
- Mobility is requested from ALIMA staff, including short term assignments from their usual place of work.
- Only successful applicants will be called for interview.
- No monetary transactions, neither demands of favors in kind, nor other types of favoritism will be tolerated in the recruitment process.
- This job description is not intended to be all inclusive as it could be amended from time to time according to the needs of the mission.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts