Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Advisor at Medecins du Monde (MdM)
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Accountability & Learning Advisor
Location: Maiduguri, Borno
Job Type: Fixed-term contract
Duration: 6 months
Starting Date: As soon as possible
- Under the supervision of the deputy general coordinator in charge of programs and in collaboration with the HQ health advisor, you are responsible for all M&E related program activities including data and information collection, analysis and sharing.
- You do some capacity building and provide technical M&E leadership for all program areas.
- You also design/update and ensure complaint response mechanisms across the mission.
- You technically support the monitoring, evaluation, accountability & learning (MEAL) teams at the field level and you also work in relation with the HQ monitoring advisor.
Your main responsibilities are the following:
Technical support and formalization:
- Provide methodological support to all program teams on technical questions
- Strengthen the existing MEAL system
- Provide capacity building for MEAL and program teams
- Build on institutional knowledge of MEAL activities and missions' results
- Ensure accountability to beneficiaries
- Develop standard operating procedures to support monitoring activities
- Introduce, pilot and institutionalize an electronic data collection mechanism
- Develop and maintain monitoring tools
- Ensure that cross-cutting issues are well integrated into all MEAL tools
Donor grants - participation:
- Act as the technical referent at the mission level in terms of donor compliance and grant management
- Contribute to donor reports and proposals
- Design and develop the grant plan for the mission
Accountability and learning:
- Sensitize operational and technical teams on essential accountability and learning mechanisms
- Support project teams to collect and document good practices, lessons learned and feedback
- Analyze data produced and propose reorientation regarding those analyses
Human resources and capacity building:
- Take part in recruitment and evaluation of relevant staff and propose a training plan
- Work closely and provide continuous coaching and thorough hand-over to national collaborator counterparts with the aim to nationalize the position by the end of 2022
Reporting and coordination:
- Manage appropriate coordination and communication within the line managed team and with other departments
- Maintain close functional links with the field coordinators and other mission level coordinators
- Contribute to internal and external reporting with regards to M&E aspects
- Liaise with external stakeholders for aspects related to quality and learning systems as per program needs.
- Degree or equivalent in MEAL, Statistics, Quality Control or Humanitarian Project Management
- Minimum of 3 years experience in MEAL management and/or project coordination
- Experience in the capacity building and training of staff Technical experience in a mapping (GIS) is an asset
- Remote management skills
- Languages: English is mandatory
- You embrace the core values and support the proactive philosophy of Médecins du Monde.
- Strong knowledge in the use of MS Office Package
- Gross monthly salary: 2,587 Euros.
- Premium equal to one month salary paid in two facilities - minimum of 6 months seniority required
- Expatriation bonus (10% gross salary per month)
- Transportation cost, vaccines and visas covered
- Guesthouse housing
- Teleworking agreement for positions eligible to telework: 110 days/year (minimum of 1 day per week onsite)
- Given the current circumstances of Covid-19 pandemic, we are taking special measures to apply health protocols and hygiene measures to guarantee the safety of our staff.
- Doctors of the World promotes training and internal mobility.
- 22.5 RTT (recovery days) per year
- 5 weeks of paid leaves per year
- Health insurance (60% covered by MdM and 40% by the employee)
- Insurance (repatriation…)
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply