Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Supervisor at Medecins du Monde
Medecins du Monde (MdM) is an international humanitarian organization whose mission is to provide medical care for the most vulnerable populations, the world over, including France. It seeks to stimulate voluntary commitment from doctors, other health care providers, and from those whose expertise in other fields is needed for its activities, to enlist all competent support required for the achievement of its projects, and to seek at all times to encourage close working relationships with populations in its care. MdM operating in Nigeria, Borno state since October 2016.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring & Evaluation (M&E) Supervisor
Employment Type: Full-time
General Position Summary
- The Monitoring and Evaluation supervisor (M&E) will ensure that MDM and M&E plan is followed.
- The M&E Supervisor will be responsible for supporting the medical coordinator to ensure that program decision are based on quality, up to date evidence and will promote an atmosphere of constant learning within the project team.
- The M&E supervisor will travel frequently to the field location and most prepare go travel outside Maiduguri.
Under the supervision of the general coordinator, the monitoring and evaluation supervisor will be responsible for the following activities:
- Supervising the data management officer to ensure all data is collected and computerized in a timely manner.
- Tracking of indicators and producing monthly report
- Conducting informal training for field staff on accurate data collection
- Data analysis and reporting
- Representation at coordination meeting
- Creation of electronic data collecting forms and training of staff on the same
Supervising the Data Management Officer to ensure all data is collected and computerized in a timely manner:
- The M&E Supervisor is responsible for ensuring that all field data is correctly recorded by the data management officer
- The M&E Supervisor should be ready to assist with data entry when the volume of work is high
- The M&E Supervisor implement quality control on the data entry to ensure accurate data is available to all MDM coordinators
- Ensure data is properly disaggregated by gender and age
Tracking of Indicators and Producing Monthly Report:
- Collect data from various sources within the programme team ,including the data management officer , to update the indicator tracking
- Produce a quality monthly reports on the programme indicators
- Highlight in a timely manner any issues with data ,gaps or unexplained trends to the medical coordinator
Creation of Electronic Data Collection Forms and Training of staff on the same:
- Create electronic data collection form
- Training of field staff on how to use the electronic data forms
- Ensuring the accurate transfer of data from field to base
- On an ad hoc basis ,the M&E supervisor should be able to identify incorrect data collection from the field and trouble –shoot by conducting on the job training for the clinician and other staff members to improve the accuracy and explain the tool accurately
Data Analysis and Reporting:
- In addition to the monthly indicator tracking report , the M&E supervisor is responsible for sending all required data analysis to MDM donors and to assist the medical coordinator with narrative reporting
- Responsible for ensuring the timely accurate reporting to the sector (5w)
Representation at Coordination Meeting:
- Attend and actively participate in the IM working group , and other relevant coordination bodies
- Establish good relationship with the different stakeholders in order to have a smooth implementation of MDM project
- Be flexible in performing his/her duties to ensure that beneficiaries are getting good quality services
- Inform immediately the security focal point in case of any security problem in the field
- Perform other additional duties on request of medical coordinator and coordination team
- Candidates should possess a B.Sc Degree with 3 - 5 years work experience.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should send their CV and Cover Letter to: [email protected] using ''M&E Supervisor'' as the subject of the email
Application Deadline 16th September, 2022.