Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator at EngenderHealth
EngenderHealth envisions a gender-equal world where all people achieve their sexual and reproductive health and rights. We believe this is essential for ensuring all people can achieve their full potentials. To achieve this vision, we implement high-quality, gender-equitable programs that advance sexual and reproductive health and rights.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator
Requisition No: VN128
Employment Type: Regular Full-time
- Based in Kebbi State, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning (MERL) Coordinator will be responsible for monitoring and collection of data for internal and external reporting from MOMENTUM Safe Surgery in Family Planning and Obstetrics project activities and partner sites, collating such data and transmitting collated summaries to the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research, and Learning (MERL) Manager.
- The Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator will work under the supervision of the MERL Manager, based in Abuja.
- They will participate in project reporting, research activities, and train and support facility staff on assuring data quality and the use of data for decision-making.
Under the direction of the MERL Manager, the Monitoring, Evaluation, Research & Learning Coordinator will:
- Support the development, implementation, and review of project M and E plans.
- Collaborate with project staff, partners, and District and State HMIS Officers to gather project data, ensure data integrity, clean data, and follow-up with project partners on any data requiring clarification.
- Provide support to country partners to enter data into the project’s DHIS2 platform, including training and logistical support.
- Contribute to the monthly and quarterly PMF review sessions.
- Contribute to the documentation of lessons learned on the project.
- Provide training, facilitation, and ongoing support for partner and facility staff on project indicators and data collection processes, as well as the use of data for decision-making.
- Support data verification and validation efforts at the state level.
- Contribute to and maintain project files for all collected data and materials.
- Establish and retain a record of each project activity, task, and milestones and assist project staff with preparation and follow-up of reports on project activities.
- Assist in the coordination of special studies and/or surveys as required.
- Assist in the production of routine monthly, quarterly, and annual reports, as well as special reports on project initiatives.
- Prepare monthly summary of activities and submit to the MERL Manager.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree or Higher National Diploma from a recognized higher institution.
- Highly skilled with computer usage and data management software.
- Experience with data/information software such as DHIS2, MS Excel, Power BI, Kobo Toolbox, etc.
- Minimum of 4 years data management experience.
- Previous Monitoring & Evaluation experience.
Essential Soft Skills:
- Committed to EngenderHealth’s core organizational values of reflection, inclusion, integrity, respect, and transformation.
- Demonstrated ability to work collegially with other technical staff, experts, and counterparts from the public, private, and NGO sectors.
- Ability to work under pressure and interact with diverse stakeholders.
- Exceptional interpersonal communication, teamwork skills.
Preferred Skills, Abilities and Functions:
- A diploma or certificate in Data Management desirable.
- Demonstrated knowledge and understanding of data collection, data quality assurance, and data entry including mobile data collection and entry using tablets and phones.
- Excellent English written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to carry out 35%-55% travel within Nigeria.
- Ability to conduct interviews, record findings, and work without close supervision.
USD14,580 - USD20,000 Annually.
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed by the person(s) assigned to this job. They are not to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- All personnel may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities as needed and assigned.
- EngenderHealth provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment, without regard to race, creed, ancestry, citizenship, religion, color, gender, gender identity, gender expression, age, national origin, political belief, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as a victim of domestic violence, marital status, disability or any other protected characteristic or status under applicable federal, state and local laws.
- EngenderHealth complies with applicable federal, state, and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in the United States in which the company has facilities.
- This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including, but not limited to, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation, and training.
- EngenderHealth is committed to safeguarding all people, particularly children, vulnerable adults, and beneficiaries of assistance from any harm that may be caused due to contact with EngenderHealth.
- This includes harm arising from the conduct of staff, associates, and partners; and the design and implementation of programs and activities
Application Deadline 29th December, 2021.