MPBN Operations Engineer at Airtel Nigeria
Airtel Nigeria (Airtel Networks Limited) is a leading telecommunications services provider in Nigeria headquartered in Lagos, the commercial nerve-centre of Nigeria. The telco ranks amongst the top four mobile service providers in terms of subscribers with a customer base of more than 39.8 million. The company's product offerings include 2G, 3G and 4G wireless services, mobile commerce and enterprise services.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: MPBN Operations Engineer
Location: Lagos, Nigeria (Hybrid)
Job Type: Full-time
- This function is expected to act as the representative for technical and functional requirements in the area in the area of MPBN, MPLS, Enterprise MPLS, IPRAN and IP Core together referred as IP Services solutions to support both Mobile and Enterprise services.
- The role will define the optimal topology of the IP Services to meet a premium service level agreements and industry architecture for IP Network;
- This role provides Level-1 support to the function with hands-on knowledge and experience on the nodes and ensures FTR configurations.
MPBN Operations to ensure Uninterrupted voice and data service delivery:
- Perform day to day operations & management, fix alarms and resolve incidents, prepare daily health check status and report to TL.
- Keep & Maintain inventory of IP Addresses and implement Zoning.
- Allocate IP Addresses to Network as per Airtel Zoning policy and maintain its database.
- Implement all BISP related tasks and perform duties within BISP framework.
- Perform NOC integration for alarm reporting & escalation.
- Execute patches and support update/upgrade process.
- Perform ATP, UAT on services and nodes.
- Support TSG / Enterprise team in resolving customer complaints.
- Provide inputs to TL on spares inventory and Life Cycle management on nodes.
- Ensure cabling in IP network is maintained as per standard structured cabling procedures in switch rooms.
- Perform Change Management, performance & optimization through O&M and Performance Management processes.
- Ensure all Faults, Trouble Tickets & Incidents are recorded and addressed within SLAs. Documentation of all such events are prepared with RFO, RCA and RCF. Weekly and monthly report of such incidents are prepared to do analytic study on them by TL and reduce incidents.
- Analyze traffic reports and optimize traffic.
- Update Solution document, HLD, DLD, LLD along with Network Diagram.
- Keep document management updated.
Capacity optimization, Availability & Performance Management:
- Perform adequate day to day capacity optimization, of all nodes, interfaces on IP Services related Nodes - in accordance with network growth and projections.
- Continuously being the loop of the network traffic, licenses, trends and various parameters to ensure the Network elements are operating as expected. Where required, take corrective action with input from TL and Group Planning team.
Support in Expansion & Evolution of Core Network:
- Understand the business requirements and impact on the IP backbone and data network infrastructure.
- Support expansion of nodes well in advance.
- Support evolution of IP Services to best industry practices.
- Maintain high Team Harmony and Engagement at all times with both internal and external teams and stakeholders.
Vendor / Partner Engagement:
- Ensure that the Vendor Customer Support and supplier vendors are engaged at all times to deliver high quality output expected first time right.
Educational Qualifications & Functional / Technical Skills
- Bachelor / Masters of Telecommunication / Electronic Engineering Degree / Computer Science / IT
- Detailed working of IP/MPLS
- Detailed understanding of call flows of Telecom w.r.t. IP routing
- A basic understanding of 3GPP /ITU-T and ETSI standards is required.
- Juniper / Cisco / Huawei NE certified engineer is a must
- Analytical and Presentation skills
- Minimum of 5 years hands-on working experience in large Mobile Network Operator with the IP Nodes.
- Multivendor experience - Including experience with Transmission, Core & Data networks.
- Tracing and analysis acumen and experience on end to end E2E service flow.
- Experience of deployment of key network systems through the delivery life cycle from initial design to full operational handover
- Experience in measuring and analyzing network KPI ‘key performance indicators’
- Good understanding of the commercial deployment of IP/MPLS which could includes hands-on operations, test and/or deployment. Understanding of the evolution of 2G/3G/4G networks moving convergence with IP
- Detailed understanding of IP technology
- Personal Integrity and good interpersonal relationship
- Good analytical and problem solving skills.
- Good practical skills in troubleshooting and fault resolution for supporting operations teams as an escalation point
- Highly organized and good at implementation
- Self-motivational skills
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted
- We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity. We therefore do not discriminate against applicants based on, among others, their race, disability, religion or gender. All employment opportunities are decided based on qualifications, merit, and business need