Nationwide Recruitment for Inspection Officers at Cars45 Limited
CARS45 Limited - We are one of the leading automobile companies in Africa and a member of the leading online marketplace in Africa- Jiji Group, providing individuals and businesses with a fast and convenient way to trade products and services, and offering support across all automobile trade, repair, and verification services. Our goal is to build an unrivaled automotive retail infrastructure that allows corporate Institutions to trade new, local, and foreign used cars and exchange value with ease and convenience.
We are recruiting to fill the position below:
Job Title: Inspection Officer
- The successful candidate will perform all necessary safety and emission inspection on a variety of vehicles, such as passenger cars, jeeps, and certain types of mobile vehicles.
- He/she will inspect the overall interior and exterior conditions of cars and inspect operations of windshield wiper and washer, speedometer, turn signals and on a need basis, work computer terminal to process and review vehicle information.
- He/she will conduct vehicle identification inspections on vehicles for customers seeking to sell their cars.
Essential Job Functions
- Scan vehicles with vehicle scanning equipment to determine the status of a vehicle
- Comprehensive check of vehicle interior and exterior parts
- Greet and direct customers seeking a vehicle identification inspection. Review customer’s ownership records for completeness and to assure all pertinent documentation is included. When necessary, inform customers of additional information needed, and serve as a source of referral.
- Complete a Statement of Inspection on all vehicles inspected. Forward completed Statement of Inspection to designated staff for additional processing.
- Inform supervisor of any vehicles that have questionable odometer readings or identification numbers or have missing or numbers.
- Maintain work area, tools, equipment, and official forms in an efficient, clean, and organized manner.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships with the public, customers, co-workers, and supervisors.
- Operate a vehicle, safely and in compliance with traffic laws and regulations, in the performance of job duties.
- Prepare and maintain various records, reports, correspondence, and other departmental
- Conduct identification inspections on various types of vehicles. Inspection includes a comparison of the vehicle’s identification numbers (VIN) with the numbers listed on the customer’s ownership records and a notation of the current odometer reading.
- Review customer’s titles for accuracy and completeness. The review includes titles from other states and foreign countries.
- Following established procedures, conduct on-site identification inspections for local car dealerships, as assigned.
- HND or B.Sc. in Mechanical or Automotive Engineering
- B.Sc / HND holders must have completed NYSC
- Minimum of 1-year experience in vehicle diagnosis, inspection, or repair
- Sound Knowledge of latest automobile repairs & best industry practices
- Must be capable of operating vehicles with standard and automatic transmissions, four-wheel drive, and constant four-wheel-drive vehicles
- Excellent communication of vehicle report to customers
- Excellent knowledge about cars and its various models
- Hands-on experience in diagnosing vehicle issues (experience can range from basic to advanced)
- Ability to use a vehicle scanning machine
Technical Knowledge / Requirements:
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Tools
- Knowledge of locations of identification numbers and odometer readings on vehicles
- Knowledge of and ability to utilize the English language
- Basic knowledge of vehicles and their parts
- Knowledge of or ability to learn to read odometers and detect questionable readings
- Knowledge of or ability to learn the formats of and details contained in vehicle titles from other states and other countries.
- Working with people
- Deciding and initiating action
- Self- starter
- Entrepreneurial and commercial thinking
- Creating and innovating
- Relating and networking
- Task ownership
- Delivering results and meeting customer expectation.
- Presenting and communicating information
- Superior customer experience
- Persuading and influencing
- Applying expertise and technology
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates should:
Click here to apply
Application Deadline 31st December, 2021.
, Adamawa State
, Akwa Ibom State
, Anambra State
, Bauchi State
, Bayelsa State
, Benue State
, Borno State
, Cross River State
, Delta State
, Ebonyi State
, Edo State
, Ekiti State
, Enugu State
, Gombe State
, Imo State
, Jigawa State
, Kaduna State
, Kano State
, Katsina State
, Kebbi State
, Kogi State
, Kwara State
, Lagos State
, Nasarawa State
, Niger State
, Ogun State
, Ondo State
, Osun State
, Oyo State
, Plateau State
, Rivers State
, Sokoto State
, Taraba State
, Yobe State
, Zamfara State