Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Health / Medical > New Job Openings at Lily Hospitals Limited, March 2018.
New Job Openings at Lily Hospitals Limited, March 2018.
Mar 12, 2018, 6:40 PM
Lily Hospitals Limited, established since 1986 remains one of the foremost hospitals in Nigeria and within the South-South region of the country. It is the first private hospital in Nigeria to achieve ISO 9001:2000 quality management system certification from the Standards Organization of Nigeria (SON). We are also consistently committed to high standards; continuous improvement, service excellence, organizational citizenship, and outstanding work ethics. We are recruiting to fill the vacant position below: Job Title: Peri-Operative Nurse Location: Warri, Delta Type: Full Time Job Summary
- The role is responsible for the daily functional operation of the pediatrics unit, delivery of patient /customer quality care, staff development and continuous quality improvement activities.
- CSSD Supervisor’s Functions
- The key result areas of this role are:
- Oversees management of perioperative services operationally and fiscally.
- Make recommendations to the matron/CNO concerning procedure or policy modifications when necessary and inform department staff of any new procedure or policy implementation introduced by the units’ administration.
- Facilitates or serves as a member of a multidisciplinary team in planning perioperative patient care.
- Verifies that perioperative personnel provide safe and effective patient-centered care in perioperative services.
- Coordinate, evaluate and supervise employees in the provision of patient care.
- Responsible for administering budget, staffing the unit and overseeing staff training.
- Maintain skill and knowledge by participating in various nurse education programs, seminars, staff meetings and workshops.
- Promotes the mission, vision, and values of the organization.
- Creates and conveys the mission and vision of perioperative services with the assistance of the management team.
- Verifies that educational resources are available for perioperative services personnel and holds personnel accountable for compliance with established standards.
- Coordinates, facilitates, and manages change within perioperative services and the health care institution.
- Health and Safety
- Carry out duties and responsibilities in compliance with Lily hospitals’ health and safety policy and statutory regulations.
- Ensure a clean, comfortable and safe environment for patients, clients and members of staff.
- Minimum academic qualification of a Registered Nurse (RN), Registered Peri-Operative Nurse, Bachelor of Nursing Science (B.NSc).
- 5 years and above relevant work experience in the health sector.
- Possession of BLS and ACLS training certificate is an added advantage
- Registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council of Nigeria and must be licensed to practice as Registered Nurse or Registered Peri- Operative Nurse.
- Knowledge of the Microsoft office package.
- Outstanding communication (oral and written), interpersonal and people management skills.
- This role is responsible for providing and administering anesthesia following approved guidelines and managing patients in the theatre.
- To provide quality anesthetic care to patients
- Develop, implement and maintain a quality assurance programme for the anesthetic and intensive care service
- Execute thorough evaluation of patient’s medical and surgical history to ascertain history of drug acceptance and reaction.
- Preparing patients for anesthesia and administering it
- Providing pre and post-operative care to patient
- Providing resuscitation services in case of emergency and disaster situations.
- Participate in clinical audit and quality programs as appropriate
- To be "on-call" or participate in shift rosters is a requirement of the position
- Administrative Functions
- Manage the administrative requirements of the hospital and patient care including planning and draft budgeting for anesthetic activities in the hospital.
- Be aware of and adhere to all Lily Hospital policies and procedure in reference to clinical practice.
- Coordinates the departmental activities with those of the hospital.
- Ensure accomplishment of quality training in the department.
- The job holder must have a license to practice medicine from the Medical and Dental Council of Nigeria.
- Must show evidence of competence in management of anesthesia cases and evidence of active participation in relevant research
- Salary in line with industry standard.
- Accommodation available.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts