Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > International / Multinational > New Vacancies at Saroafrica International Limited for Application Developers
New Vacancies at Saroafrica International Limited for Application Developers
Aug 2, 2017, 6:40 PM
Saroafrica International Limited is an innovative & Profitable Company in her chosen Industries, enhancing Lives from Farms to Homes through her winning Products & Services channeled through her extensive Rural & Urban Trade Networks in Nigeria & Sub-Saharan Africa. In Saroafrica, we have obligated to doing the right thing in the right and prescribed manner because of our strong belief that our business growth and expansion will be achieved and sustained when strong corporate governance and a culture of compliance exist. To drive this objective, we are pleased to invite suitably qualified candidates to fill the position below: Job Title: Application Developer Location: Lagos Job Description
- Applications developers translate software requirements into workable programming code and maintain and develop programs for use in business.
- Most will specialize in a specific development field, such as mobile phone applications, accounting software, office suites or graphics software, and will have in-depth knowledge of at least one computer language.
- Establishing a detailed program specification through discussion with clients;
- Clarifying what actions the program is intended to perform;
- Breaking down program specification into its simplest elements and translating this logic into a programming language;
- Devising possible solutions to anticipated problems;
- Working as part of a team, which may be established purely for a particular project to write a specific section of the program;
- Combining all elements of the program design and testing it;
- Testing sample data-sets to check that output from the program works as intended;
- Conducting testing and installing the program into production;
- Reacting to problems and correcting the program as necessary;
- Evaluating and increasing the program's effectiveness;
- Adapting the program to new requirements, as necessary;
- Conducting user-acceptance testing to ensure the program can be used easily, quickly and accurately;
- Writing detailed documentation for the operation of the program by users and computer operators;
- Consulting manuals, periodicals and technical reports to learn new ways to develop programs and maintain existing skills and knowledge;
- Updating, repairing, modifying and developing existing software and generic applications
- A Bachelor's Degree with minimum of 2:1 in Computer Science related courses
- Expected to have a good level of technical knowledge and many employers, particularly software houses, and have a Degree in a relevant subject, such as:
- Computer Science/Software Engineering;
- Information systems;
- Physical/mathematical/applied science.
- High-level programming and related technical skills;
- Ingenuity and creativity;
- Logical approach to problem solving;
- Analytical capabilities;
- Ability to work under pressure;
- Attention to detail;
- Tenacity and patience;
- Communication skills - including the ability to convey information to non-technical colleagues in a concise and clear way;
- Understanding of business processes and constraints.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts