Job descriptions Sample Templates How to do it yourself Words and Meanings Interview questions and answersJobs > Oil and Gas > New Vacancy at Baker Hughes for Operations Manager
New Vacancy at Baker Hughes for Operations Manager
Oct 8, 2019, 10:32 PM
Baker Hughes, a GE company (NYSE:BHGE) is the world’s first and only fullstream provider of integrated oilfield products, services and digital solutions. Drawing on a storied heritage of invention, BHGE harnesses the passion and experience of its people to enhance productivity across the oil and gas value chain. We are recruiting to fill the position below: Job Title: Operations Manager Job Number: 1925812 Location: Port Harcourt, Rivers Role Summary
- Baker Hughes, a GE Company has an exciting opportunity for a Operations Manager to join our team in Nigeria .This position will be responsible to ensure that top level goals and schedule targets are achieved.
- The Resource Manager is ultimately responsible for the day to day operation of the base activities. Manages the activities of the Project Support and Execution to ensure Flawless Execution.
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or college (or a high school diploma / GED with at least 5 years of experience in Services).
- Minimum of 4 additional years of experience in Resource Management.
- Strong oral and written communication skills.
- Strong interpersonal and leadership skills.
- Ability to influence others and lead small teams.
- Lead initiatives of moderate scope and impact.
- Ability to coordinate several projects simultaneously.
- Effective problem identification and solution skills.
- Proven analytical and organizational ability
- Leadership in coordinating and monitoring the project at the operational & management level.
- Required tools and equipment
- Repair and maintenance through AMO
- Work with procurement on quotes
- Approval of all PO and PR
- Resource allocation and scheduling
- Responsible for field resource deployment planning and execution to meet customer and business metrics.
- Interface with the customer service managers on issues escalation.
- Develop long range forecast for region resource needs.
- Develop and execute short and long-range resource plans based on resource forecasts and region business commitments including recruitment, skills reviews, and resource development through advance level training.
- Develops an operational year plan for the own department activities.
- Suggests improvements in products, processes and procedures.
- Internal audits.
- Planning personnel and rental equipment to meet the requirements of the project.
- Ensure BHGE adheres to customer’s HSE system and Observation Card Program.
- Ensure all processes, procedures, and work plans are documented and adhered to.
- Accountable for ensuring BHOS management system is utilized for project execution.
- Accountable for ensuring all QA procedures are followed
- Ensuring all Service Tickets, rental tickets and personnel trackers are accurate and signed off.
- Make sure all physical assets are operating appropriately
- Work with inventory on shipments and approve shipments
- Support the day to day operations through;
- Works together with high level people from the business and SPB and EB level.
- Specifies needs, communicates about project approach and presents outcomes of research done.
- Diverse clients in a region.
- Works on the basis of predefined contracts and frameworks.
- Some latitude to deviate from those conditions.
Subscribe to Free Job Alerts!
Being aware and applying for jobs on time increases your chances of getting a job. Information is key. Subscribe to our free job alerts