Office Assistant at The Center for Community Health and Development International
Sep 26, 2020, 9:29 PM
The Center for Community Health and Development International is a non-discriminatory, non-governmental organization with a mandate to improve the health and quality of life of Nigeria's rural children and women. CHAD was established in 2002 by a group of women from different religious and ethnic background in Gombe state, North East Nigeria.
On this regard, CHAD therefore seek a competent person to fill the position below:
Job Title: Office Assistant
Sector: Child Protection
Employment Status: Fixed Term
Duration: 12 months with possible renewal
The responsibilities of the post may require the post holder to have regular contact with staff children or young people within Northeast region.
- To provide professional general facilities support, including Maintenance of all equipment, document/information management, processing of monthly utility bills and maintain petty cash expenses etc.
- The job holder will also from time to time, be delegated other support duties including, but not limited to providing administrative support to programme teams based in Maiduguri with regular visit to project site when called upon.
Scope of Role:
- Reports to: Administration Officer( Center Manager)
- Staff directly reporting to this post: Office Assistants
Key Areas of Accountabilities
You are to provide administrative back-up to the team including but not limited to the following:
- Ensure premises are fit for purpose and suitable equipped, tidy and professional appearance is maintained.
- Maintain general office equipment tracker: regularly evaluate equipment.
- Under the supervision of Line Manager (Center Manager), ensure routine facility maintenance are arranged and the work is done
- Co-ordinate office equipment/supplies by ensuring that all the equipment in the office are working and reporting any malfunctions/repairs/changes to be made.
- Ensure the office is secured and extra keys to each office are kept securely in the key safe.
- Ensure staff have access to the office if they are to work on the weekend after the necessary approval is obtained by the staff
- Carry out the filing of relevant materials and documents
- Disseminate formal communications to staff as directed by Centre Manager
- Process monthly utility bills.
- Liaise with landlords on all CHAD Int’l rented properties under the supervision of Centre Manager.
- Work closely with the procurement officer to ensure quality delivery of items
- Under the supervision of the Administration Officer, oversee the maintenance of the residence/office premises, facilities assets and equipment (physical work environment) and ensure that these are secure and efficiently utilized.
- Assist in the management of the office and warehouse premises
- Perform other duties and responsibilities as assigned by Centre Manager
Management of Office facilities:
- Ensure the Borno state Office is well equipped, has sufficient levels of supplies (consumables, stationery & equipment etc.)
- Oversee the maintenance of Borno Office premises and warehouses, office cabinets, furniture & fittings and all equipment in a fully functioning state.
- Ensure compliance with CHAD Int’l Quality Standards, Global policies and Guidelines.
- Take minutes of the weekly staff meeting as directed by Line Manager.
- Support program staff during workshops and events (local, internal and external - e.g. meetings with other teams, partners training and staff training)
- Provide support to the Humanitarian Team Leader including diary and inbox management, arranging meetings, dealing with enquiries as requested
- Support the coordination of other departments and Humanitarian programme
- The post holder may carry out other duties in addition to, or instead of those outlined above which may reasonably be required from time to time, in order to assist HR & Admin department by providing cover when any of the colleagues are on leave or because of an increased level of Field Office activities.
- Provide cover on general admin when any Administration Assistant is away
- Ensure that the minimum standards of humanitarian relief are maintained
- Process travel requests
- Manages the Admin Department’s Petty cash
Note: Your line manager must be copied on all official communication
- Internal: Regular liaison with various teams in Gombe office(Head office), project sites and other state offices
- External: Contact with vendors, visitors, and other humanitarian partners etc.
Qualification, Skills & Experience
Administrative & General Skills:
- Level of Education - Diploma / B.Sc. in relevant field
- Must have completed NYSC Or exempted from service
- Excellent planning and organisational skills, with proven administrative skills
- Ability to manage competing priorities effectively in a constantly changing environment, meet deadlines and work calmly under pressure
- Strong teamwork skills with the ability to both support colleagues and request support as and when required
- Commitment to CHAD Int’l mission, vision and values
- Experience of working in security challenging area.
- Computer literate and knowledge of Word, Excel.
- Ability to manage time and work with scheduled calendar
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills; written and verbal communication; fluent in English and Hausa, Knowledge of kanuri or Shuwa language will be a plus
Competencies and Behaviours:
Delivering Results (Skilled):
- Delivers timely and appropriate results using available resources
- Takes responsibility for their work and its impact on others
- Plans, prioritizes and performs tasks well without needing direct supervision
- Understands the link between their work and the organisation’s objectives
Innovating and Adapting (Skilled):
- Suggests creative improvements and better ways of working
- Seeks out and applies successful ideas from others to overcome challenges
- Shifts tasks, roles and priorities to perform effectively under changing or unclear conditions
- Applies lessons learned to enhance future ways of working
Applying Technical & Professional Expertise (Skilled):
- Delivers work that reflects a good knowledge and application of technical and professional standards
- Keeps up to date with trends in their work area
- Maintains ethical and professional behaviour in accordance with relevant codes of conducts
Working Effectively With Others (Skilled):
- Actively listens to new and different perspectives and experiences of those they work with
- Proactively supports team members and trusts their capabilities
- Demonstrates understanding of their skills and how they complement those of others within diverse teams and groups
- Clarifies their role and responsibilities within the team to maximize impact
Communicating With Impact (Skilled):
- Actively listens and seeks to understand before being understood
- Ensures communications are concise and well-structured
- Shares appropriate relevant and timely information with others
- Prepares effectively for meetings
How to Apply
Interested and qualified candidates are encouraged to submit not more than 3-page CV and Cover Letter in one document, addressing the position requirements to "Human Resource Officer" and submit to: firstname.lastname@example.org using the "Job Title" as the subject of the email.
- Only shortlisted applicant will be contacted. CHAD International is an equal opportunity employer. CHAD considers all applicants on the basis of merit without prejudice to sex, disability, religion, tribe among others. To know more about CHAD International click www.chadintl.org
- All employees of CHAD International will adhere to our Code of Conduct and the organizational values: Dedicated, innovative, inclusive and accountable
Application Deadline 1st October, 2020.